Fuel Defeat Komets in Tight Wednesday Contest
INDIANAPOLIS - In the second half of back to back matchups, the Fuel hosted the Fort Wayne Komets on Wednesday night. Holding on to a two goal lead for the majority of the game, the Fuel would eventually take the 4-1 win over their in-state rivals.
With both teams playing defensively to start the period, shots were 3-2 through the first 10 minutes. Both teams would trade chances throughout until Indy's Cedric Lacroix gave his team the lead, beating Jiri Patera with a wrist shot. Holding on to the lead for the final two minutes, the Fuel would head into the locker room with a 1-0 lead.
It would take until midway through the second period before the Fuel doubled their lead. Jumping on a Fort Wayne turnover, Riley McKay fed Chad Yetman a one timer and he tucked it over the shoulder of Patera to make it 2-0.
After Riley McKay and Blake Siebenaler dropped the gloves to start the third period, the Fort Wayne Komets cut the Fuel lead in half. Getting alone in front of the net, Shawn Boudrais tapped home a pass from Marcus McIvor to make the score 2-1. Indy would double their lead again when Spencer Watson got alone in front of the Fort Wayne and he wristed a shot over the shoulder of Patera. Putting in the empty net goal, Cedric Lacroix handed the Fuel a 4-1 win over their in-state rival.
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel's 8th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2021-22 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2021
- Railers Take Down Mariners in the Shootout 3-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Admirals Beat Gladiators, Remain Undefeated at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Lions Shock Blades in Three Goal Comeback - Florida Everblades
- Mandolese Shines in Narrow Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fuel Defeat Komets in Tight Wednesday Contest - Indy Fuel
- Mariners Gain Point in Wild Shootout Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Pritchard Records First-Ever Multi-Goal Game in 4-2 Loss to Growlers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Double up Royals in 4-2 Win - Newfoundland Growlers
- Chaz Reddekopp Signs PTO with Tucson Roadrunners - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen: December 1, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Oilers Sign Goaltender Ryan Ruck - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Brings in Forward van Riemsdyk - Wichita Thunder
- Toledo's Berry Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Matt Berry Named ECHL Plus Performer of November - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, December 1, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Lions' Florida Road Trip Begins Tonight - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Rush Trade Kehler to Cincinnati for Future Considerations - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Acquire Kehler from Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Bring in Griff Jeszka - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kendall Mullens Selected as Teacher of the Month for November - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Heads to Iowa for First-Ever Meeting vs. Heartlanders - Wichita Thunder
- Fitzpatrick, Pecararo, and Zimmer Called to AHL Charlotte - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Reading Visits Newfoundland in Battle with League Leaders - Reading Royals
- Trois Rivières to Visit Hertz Arena for First Time Wednesday - Florida Everblades
- Glads Set for Series in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Handle Mavericks, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.