Moldenhauer and Thomas Sent to Tulsa
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Gulls announced today that the American Hockey League (AHL) club has reassigned defenseman Scott Moldenhauer and left wing Jared Thomas to the Tulsa Oilers of the ECHL.
Moldenhauer, 24 (5/9/94), recorded one assist in seven games with San Diego this season, including his first AHL point (assist) on Dec. 27 vs Bakersfield. The 6-4, 225-pound defenseman has collected seven assists (0-7=7) with a +9 rating and nine penalty minutes (PIM) in 14 games with Tulsa this season. At the time of his recall, the Oak Ridge, N.C. native led the Oilers in plus/minus and ranked second among club defensemen in assists.
Thomas, 24 (2/21/94), appeared in six AHL games with San Diego and San Antonio this season, going scoreless. Acquired from San Antonio in exchange for future considerations on Jan. 3, Thomas has appeared in seven career AHL games with the Gulls and Rampage. The 6-1, 200-pound forward has scored 9-13=22 points with a +10 rating and 12 PIM in 22 games with Tulsa this season. A native of Hermantown, Minn., Thomas spent four seasons at the University of Minnesota-Duluth of the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC), collecting 21-39=60 points in 163 NCAA games, helping the Bulldogs to the 2018 NCAA National Championship.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2019
- Fritz scores twice in Bridgeport's third straight loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Fall in Manitoba - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sproul Wins It in Overtime for Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Blow by Bridgeport 6-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators Beaten by Special Teams in Laval - Belleville Senators
- Young Guns Lead Comets to Victory over Crunch - Utica Comets
- Devils Collect Point in 1-0 OT Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Offense Can't Find Touch in Road Loss to Phantoms - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Topped by Comets, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Ink Spezia to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Pontus Aberg from Anaheim Ducks - Iowa Wild
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Three from Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moldenhauer and Thomas Sent to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Set Date for 2nd Annual Great Skate Event - Milwaukee Admirals
- Winter Returns Just in Time for the Great Skate Winterfest this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Saturday's Game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Saturday Game Time Changed to 3:05 p.m. - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Ink Terrence Wallin to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers' Annual NASCAR Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Return Friday for Fleece Blanket Giveaway, $2 Bud Light - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat, Condors Open Two-Game Set Wednesday - Stockton Heat
- Jets Recall Cam Schilling from Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Erik Condra - Texas Stars
- Drink Specials Tonight at the Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, January 16 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Road Swing Continues Wednesday at Lehigh Valley - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Texas Trip Reaches Tough Conclusion as Rampage Edge Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- MacIntyre Gives Rampage 11th Straight Home Win - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.