Minnesota Wild Acquires Pontus Aberg from Anaheim Ducks
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has acquired forward Pontus Aberg (pronounced PAWN-tuhs A-buhrg) from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Justin Kloos.
Aberg, 25, has recorded 19 points (11g, 8a) including three power-play goals in 37 games with Anaheim this season while averaging 15:37 in TOI/game. He ranks second on the team in power-play goals and T-2nd in goals. The 5-foot-11, 196-pound native of Stockholm, Sweden, has tallied 37 points (16g, 21a) in 105 career NHL contests with Nashville and Anaheim. Aberg has also collected five points (2g, 3a) in 18 career Stanley Cup Playoff games. He was selected by Nashville in the second round (37th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Anaheim claimed Aberg off waivers from Edmonton on Oct. 1, 2018.
Kloos, 25, has recorded 30 points (12g, 18a) in 34 games with the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) this season. The 5-foot-9, 175-pound native of Lakeville, leads Iowa in scoring and ranks T-1st in goals this season. He has 81 points (32g, 49a) in 119 career AHL games. Kloos appeared in one NHL game last season with Minnesota, skating 8:39 in his NHL debut on Oct. 24, 2017 vs. Vancouver. He was signed by Minnesota as a free agent on March 29, 2017.
Iowa battles the Ontario Reign Friday evening, with a 7:00 p.m. scheduled puck drop.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2019
- Fritz scores twice in Bridgeport's third straight loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Fall in Manitoba - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sproul Wins It in Overtime for Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Blow by Bridgeport 6-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators Beaten by Special Teams in Laval - Belleville Senators
- Young Guns Lead Comets to Victory over Crunch - Utica Comets
- Devils Collect Point in 1-0 OT Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Offense Can't Find Touch in Road Loss to Phantoms - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Topped by Comets, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Ink Spezia to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Pontus Aberg from Anaheim Ducks - Iowa Wild
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Three from Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moldenhauer and Thomas Sent to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Set Date for 2nd Annual Great Skate Event - Milwaukee Admirals
- Winter Returns Just in Time for the Great Skate Winterfest this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Saturday's Game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Saturday Game Time Changed to 3:05 p.m. - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Ink Terrence Wallin to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers' Annual NASCAR Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Return Friday for Fleece Blanket Giveaway, $2 Bud Light - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat, Condors Open Two-Game Set Wednesday - Stockton Heat
- Jets Recall Cam Schilling from Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Erik Condra - Texas Stars
- Drink Specials Tonight at the Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, January 16 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Road Swing Continues Wednesday at Lehigh Valley - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Texas Trip Reaches Tough Conclusion as Rampage Edge Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- MacIntyre Gives Rampage 11th Straight Home Win - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.