Heat, Condors Open Two-Game Set Wednesday
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Arena: Rabobank Arena
Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Time: 6:30 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Hear the Heat's radio broadcast by tuning in to Spreaker and iHeartRadio. A stream of the game is available on AHLTV.
For live, in-game tweets, follow @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game to enter to win today's Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game puck, signed by Spencer Foo.
The Stockton Heat continue their brief three-game road stint with their first of two at Bakersfield. Stockton last met the Condors on December 19, a 3-2 overtime loss on home ice.
ROBINSON LEADS THE LEAGUE
Buddy Robinson enters tonight's game tied for the longest active scoring streak in the AHL, entering the contest at 10 games with 13 points (4g,9a) in that span. Robinson lit the lamp in Stockton's Sunday showdown with San Jose, finding the back of the net on the power play in the third period.
BEST IN THE (FAR) WEST
The Heat enter Wednesday's game with the top power play in the Pacific Division, clicking at 21.8-percent for the season. The Condors have been able to limit Stockton's power play goals so far in the season series, the Heat going 2-for-14 through five games.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
The Heat head to Bakersfield for a pair of contests against their California counterpart, coming into Wednesday's game with a record of 9-8-1-0 on the year away from Stockton Arena. The Heat are 0-2 at Bakersfield on the year.
TIED AT THE TOP
Each posting an assist in Sunday's game at San Jose, Kerby Rychel and Curtis Lazar remain tied for the team lead with 31 points on the year. Lazar claimed the game-winner on Saturday, his fourth of the season, to push the Heat past Ontario in overtime.
THE LEGS FEED THE WOLF
The Heat have made hay in late-game situations this season, outscoring teams by a 41-36 margin in the third period. Stockton also owns a 4-3 record in OT and is 1-0 in shootouts.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2019
- Fritz scores twice in Bridgeport's third straight loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Fall in Manitoba - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sproul Wins It in Overtime for Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Blow by Bridgeport 6-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators Beaten by Special Teams in Laval - Belleville Senators
- Young Guns Lead Comets to Victory over Crunch - Utica Comets
- Devils Collect Point in 1-0 OT Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Offense Can't Find Touch in Road Loss to Phantoms - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Topped by Comets, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Ink Spezia to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Pontus Aberg from Anaheim Ducks - Iowa Wild
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Three from Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moldenhauer and Thomas Sent to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Set Date for 2nd Annual Great Skate Event - Milwaukee Admirals
- Winter Returns Just in Time for the Great Skate Winterfest this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Saturday's Game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Saturday Game Time Changed to 3:05 p.m. - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Ink Terrence Wallin to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers' Annual NASCAR Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Return Friday for Fleece Blanket Giveaway, $2 Bud Light - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat, Condors Open Two-Game Set Wednesday - Stockton Heat
- Jets Recall Cam Schilling from Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Erik Condra - Texas Stars
- Drink Specials Tonight at the Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, January 16 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Road Swing Continues Wednesday at Lehigh Valley - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Texas Trip Reaches Tough Conclusion as Rampage Edge Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- MacIntyre Gives Rampage 11th Straight Home Win - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.