MacIntyre Gives Rampage 11th Straight Home Win
SAN ANTONIO, TX - Bobby MacIntyre's late third-period goal was the game winner, powering the San Antonio Rampage (21-18-1) to a 2-1 comeback win over the Rockford IceHogs (16-17-3) on Tuesday night at the AT&T Center. The Rampage swept the four-game home stand with their 11th consecutive victory on home ice, and their 15th win in their last 16 contests at the AT&T Center.
The Rampage have won four straight and 12 of their last 15 overall.
With 3:18 remaining in a 1-1 game, Chris Butler chipped the puck into the Rockford zone. IceHogs forward Luke Johnson got to it in the near corner, but he was immediately pressured by Conner Bleackley. Bleackley forced the puck free, and Trevor Smith whipped a pass between the circles for a MacIntyre one-timer and a 2-1 Rampage lead.
MacIntyre's second goal of the season was his first tally since Nov. 4 against Bakersfield.
Jared Coreau made 26 saves to earn his fourth consecutive victory. He is 4-1-0 since joining the Rampage from the San Diego Gulls, with a 2.43 goals-against average and a .916 save percentage with San Antonio.
The IceHogs opened the scoring at 14:08 of the first period, when Victor Ejdsell snapped a right-circle wrist shot past Coreau for his fifth goal of the season. Three of Ejdsell's five goals have come against San Antonio.
The Rampage tied the score at 11:18 of the second period when Mitch Reinke's wrist shot from the slot beat Anton Forsberg for his fifth goal of the season.
Reinke is tied for the league scoring lead among rookie defensemen with 24 points. He has four goals and ten points in his last 13 games.
The Rampage lead the AHL with 17 home victories. The franchise record for home wins in a season is 23, achieved in 2007-08, 2010-11, and 2014-15. They came from behind to win for the third time in four games and for the fifth time during their 11-game home winning streak. San Antonio has won seven games this season when surrendering the first goal.
Due to call-ups and injuries, the Rampage played with only 17 skaters in the lineup.
San Antonio currently sits four points outside of a playoff spot in the Central Division.
The Rampage head out on a three-game road trip, starting Saturday afternoon with a 2 p.m. puck-drop against the Manitoba Moose at Bell MTS Place. The game available on the Ticket 760AM and on AHLTV.
Goals: Reinke (5); MacIntyre (2)
Jared Coreau: 26 saves on 27 shots
Power Play: 0-for-3
Penalty Kill: 2-for-2
Bobby MacIntyre - SA
Mitch Reinke - SA
Jared Coreau - SA
Images from this story
Bobby MacIntyre of the San Antonio Rampage (right) works down the boards against the Rockford IceHogs' Darren Raddysh
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2019
- Fritz scores twice in Bridgeport's third straight loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Fall in Manitoba - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sproul Wins It in Overtime for Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Blow by Bridgeport 6-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators Beaten by Special Teams in Laval - Belleville Senators
- Young Guns Lead Comets to Victory over Crunch - Utica Comets
- Devils Collect Point in 1-0 OT Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Offense Can't Find Touch in Road Loss to Phantoms - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Topped by Comets, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Ink Spezia to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Pontus Aberg from Anaheim Ducks - Iowa Wild
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Three from Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moldenhauer and Thomas Sent to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Set Date for 2nd Annual Great Skate Event - Milwaukee Admirals
- Winter Returns Just in Time for the Great Skate Winterfest this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Saturday's Game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Saturday Game Time Changed to 3:05 p.m. - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Ink Terrence Wallin to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers' Annual NASCAR Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Return Friday for Fleece Blanket Giveaway, $2 Bud Light - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat, Condors Open Two-Game Set Wednesday - Stockton Heat
- Jets Recall Cam Schilling from Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Erik Condra - Texas Stars
- Drink Specials Tonight at the Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, January 16 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Road Swing Continues Wednesday at Lehigh Valley - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Texas Trip Reaches Tough Conclusion as Rampage Edge Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- MacIntyre Gives Rampage 11th Straight Home Win - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.