Admirals Fall in Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB - Goalie Eric Comrie stopped 31 shots to lead the Manitoba Moose to a 4-2 win over the Milwaukee Admirals Wednesday at Bell MTS Place.
The loss extended Milwaukee's winless skid to four games (0-3-1-0).
Admirals forward Nick Baptiste scored both of Milwaukee's goals. Ads goalie Troy Grosenick stopped 23 shots in the loss.
The Admirals scored the first goal of the game while on the power play. Fred Allard's shot from the left circle was stopped by Comrie but Baptiste was there to slam the rebound into the goal for his eight marker of the season at 10:27 of the first period. It was Baptiste's third power play goal. Allard and Matt Donovan picked up the assists.
Manitoba tied the game soon thereafter when Kristian Reichel lifted a puck over the glove of Grosenick at 12:06 of the first frame.
The Moose took a 2-1 lead at 13:33 of the first period when Logan Stanley's blast from the slot went past the glove of Grosenick.
Manitoba extended its lead to 3-1 with a power play goal at :26 of the second period. Logan Shaw's one-timer from the left circle found its way to the back of the cage.
Manitoba's lead moved to 4-1 when Michael Spacek finished a tic-tac-toe passing play with a goal at 8:30 of the third period. Marko Dano and JC Lipon picked up the assists.
The Admirals pulled Grosenick with 4:06 remaining in the third period. Baptiste scored his second of the contest at 17:13 with a shot from the slot after a nice feed from the left corner by Tyler Gaudet. Phil Di Giuseppe, playing his first game with the Admirals, also picked up an assist.
The Admirals continue a four-game road trip at Grand Rapids Sat., Jan. 19. Milwaukee returns home Tues., Jan. 22 at 7:00 pm to host the San Antonio Rampage at Panther Arena. Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2019
- Fritz scores twice in Bridgeport's third straight loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Fall in Manitoba - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sproul Wins It in Overtime for Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Blow by Bridgeport 6-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators Beaten by Special Teams in Laval - Belleville Senators
- Young Guns Lead Comets to Victory over Crunch - Utica Comets
- Devils Collect Point in 1-0 OT Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Offense Can't Find Touch in Road Loss to Phantoms - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Topped by Comets, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Ink Spezia to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Pontus Aberg from Anaheim Ducks - Iowa Wild
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Three from Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moldenhauer and Thomas Sent to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Set Date for 2nd Annual Great Skate Event - Milwaukee Admirals
- Winter Returns Just in Time for the Great Skate Winterfest this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Saturday's Game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Saturday Game Time Changed to 3:05 p.m. - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Ink Terrence Wallin to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers' Annual NASCAR Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Return Friday for Fleece Blanket Giveaway, $2 Bud Light - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat, Condors Open Two-Game Set Wednesday - Stockton Heat
- Jets Recall Cam Schilling from Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Erik Condra - Texas Stars
- Drink Specials Tonight at the Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, January 16 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Road Swing Continues Wednesday at Lehigh Valley - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Texas Trip Reaches Tough Conclusion as Rampage Edge Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- MacIntyre Gives Rampage 11th Straight Home Win - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.