Drink Specials Tonight at the Condors
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors host the Stockton Heat with $5 margaritas and $2 sodas. Puck drops at 6:30 p.m., doors open at 5:30 p.m. Great seats start at just $12 ($13 day of game) and can be purchased or at the Rabobank Arena box office (opens at noon).
PROMOTION DETAILS: Enjoy $5 Margaritas and $2 Sodas presented by 103.9 The Beat. They're great in the Ice Level Lounge (check this out!) with bar games, TVs, and down on the glass action. Free for all adults (21+) with any game ticket.
Please allow extra time for arrival as Rabobank Arena has installed metal detectors at all entrances. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. (5:15 p.m. for Condors365 Members).
EAT & DRINK
Beef & Chicken Fajitas
Rices & Beans
Chile Verde Bowl
Crossbar Craft Beer Pub
Ice Level Lounge (free with a lower level ticket, must be 21+)
DOWNLOAD THE CONDORS APP: iTunes |Google Play
BAKERSFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: RW John McFarland and RW David Gust
The Bakersfield Condors host the Stockton Heat for the first of two this week. Bakersfield is 4-1-0 against Stockton this season. It is the first matchup in Bakersfield since Saturday, Oct. 27, an 8-2 win for the Condors. On home ice this season, Bakersfield has outscored Stockton 16-3.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield split a weekend set in Colorado against the Eagles. G Shane Starrett stopped all 28 shots on Saturday in a 2-0 win. RW David Gust and RW Josh Currie each had goals for the Condors who put an end to a five-game winless drought.
The Heat dropped a 2-1 decision in San Jose on Sunday. RW Buddy Robison scored his sixth of the season and G Jon Gillies stopped 31 of 33 in the loss.
A GUST OF GOALS
RW David Gust scored three goals in two games in Colorado over the weekend. He now has five goals in his last seven games and nine on the season.
Bakersfield has 33 games remaining in the regular season and will have just 26 left when the team returns from the AHL All-Star Break at the beginning of February. The Condors currently have 37 points through 35 games. Over the past three seasons, it has taken an average of 75 points to secure a playoff berth in the Pacific Division.
Second-year netminder Shane Starrett, in his first full AHL season, is now 10th among AHL goalies in goals-against average at 2.58. He has been part of a Condors team defense which is 8th in the AHL in goals against at 2.91 and shots against at 28.43 a night.
RW Josh Currie has four points (2g-2a) in his last five games... G Shane Starrett's 28-save shutout performance was his second of the season. G Dylan Wells has the team's other shutout on the season. Bakersfield's record for most shutouts in a season came in 2015-16 when Laurent Brossoit (3), Eetu Laurikainen (1), and Ben Scrivens combined for five... C Cooper Marody has assists in three straight games... Bakersfield is 14-5-2 when it has at least a share of the lead after one period of play.
Stockton is last in goals-against per game at 4.11 a contest. Their offense is sixth in the league at 3.54 goals for per game... The Heat have been a better road than home team. Away from Stockton Arena, the team is 9-8-1 while they are 7-10-2 at home... RW Buddy Robinson has an AHL-high point streak of 10 games currently (4g-9a).
HEAD-TO-HEAD BY SEASON
2018-19: BAK 4-1-0-0
2017-18: BAK 3-7-0-0
2016-17: BAK 7-5-0-0
2015-16: BAK 7-4-1-0
ALL-TIME: BAK 21-17-1-0
1/15 - LW Joe Gambardella assigned by Edmonton (NHL)
1/15 - G Dylan Wells reassigned to Wichita (ECHL)
1/15 - G Stuart Skinned recalled from Wichita (ECHL)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2019
- Fritz scores twice in Bridgeport's third straight loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Fall in Manitoba - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sproul Wins It in Overtime for Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Blow by Bridgeport 6-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators Beaten by Special Teams in Laval - Belleville Senators
- Young Guns Lead Comets to Victory over Crunch - Utica Comets
- Devils Collect Point in 1-0 OT Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Offense Can't Find Touch in Road Loss to Phantoms - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Topped by Comets, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Ink Spezia to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Pontus Aberg from Anaheim Ducks - Iowa Wild
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Three from Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moldenhauer and Thomas Sent to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Set Date for 2nd Annual Great Skate Event - Milwaukee Admirals
- Winter Returns Just in Time for the Great Skate Winterfest this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Saturday's Game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Saturday Game Time Changed to 3:05 p.m. - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Ink Terrence Wallin to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers' Annual NASCAR Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Return Friday for Fleece Blanket Giveaway, $2 Bud Light - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat, Condors Open Two-Game Set Wednesday - Stockton Heat
- Jets Recall Cam Schilling from Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Erik Condra - Texas Stars
- Drink Specials Tonight at the Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, January 16 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Road Swing Continues Wednesday at Lehigh Valley - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Texas Trip Reaches Tough Conclusion as Rampage Edge Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- MacIntyre Gives Rampage 11th Straight Home Win - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Condors Nipped Late by San Jose, 4-3
- Condors Claw Back for a Point with Third Period Comeback
- Condors Home Tonight with the Futboleros and a Player Red Carpet
- Condors Open Season with 2-1 Win over San Diego
- Condors Open Season with $2 Michelob Ultras and $1 Dogs Tonight