Martinez Impresses in Relief, But 'Caps Lose
BURLINGTON, Iowa - The TinCaps' bullpen continued an impressive run of success, but Fort Wayne fell to the Burlington Bees (Los Angeles Angels affiliate), 5-0, on Thursday night at Community Field.
Over the last five games, 'Caps relievers have pitched 25 1/3 innings without allowing an earned run (and only two unearned runs), including 5 1/3 scoreless in this game. Right-hander Adrian Martinez fired 4 1/3 scoreless frames with only one single and one walk allowed while striking out five. Righty Henry Henry followed by putting up a zero in the eighth. However, Fort Wayne trailed 5-0 before the 'pen went to work.
The Bees (9-11, 48-42) scored a run in the first on a solo home run by No. 12 Angels prospect Kevin Maitan. They added another in the second on a two-out RBI single from nine-hitter Alvaro Rubalcaba, who finished 3-for-3 at the plate. With two outs in the third, Francisco Del Valle clubbed a two-run homer and Rubalcaba later added another RBI single to make it 5-0.
The TinCaps (6-14, 39-49) managed only two singles in the game, in addition to three walks and a hit by pitch.
Friday, July 12 @ Burlington (7:30 p.m.)
- TinCaps Probable Starter: LHP Omar Cruz
- Bees Probable Starter: LHP Hector Yan
Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM | TinCapsRadio.com | TuneIn
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Eight Run Third Leads to Fourth Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- 13 Runs and 20 Hits Propels Snappers to Series Win - Beloit Snappers
- Clinton Offense Explodes Early to Topple Captains - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps Waste Chances in Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Take Series with 5-0 Shutout over Fort Wayne - Burlington Bees
- Wymer Turns in Lugs' Latest Gem in 3-2 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Leahy Strikes Out Ten Again for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Cubs Comeback to Beat Cougars 2-1 Behind Morel's Heroics - South Bend Cubs
- Valera Vaults Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Martinez Impresses in Relief, But 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Tops Cedar Rapids Thursday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bandits Toss 15th Shutout of Season to Even Series in Michigan - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Fall in 1-0 Pitcher's Duel on Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Triumph 1-0 over Dragons - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cubs' Small Ball Defeats Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Add 2nd Overall Pick From 2014 Draft - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 11 at Burlington (Game 88) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Great Lakes Loons
- Josh Cribbs, Beanie Wells & Julian Tavarez Headline Cleveland Sports History Night July 20 - Lake County Captains
- Nate Hadley joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons On TV Friday, Saturday, & Sunday On Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Hour Delay Cannot Contain Snappers' Bats - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Fall 9-8 in Back-And-Forth Battle - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Enjoy 'Grand' Victory over Quad Cities - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.