Leahy Strikes Out Ten Again for Chiefs
Peoria, IL - The Peoria Chiefs scored in the ninth and had the tying run on third base, but ultimately fell to the Lansing Lugnuts 3-2 Thursday night in front of 4,081. Kyle Leahy (4-7) took the loss after pitching seven innings, allowing two runs on four hits with one walk and tied a season and career-high with 10 strikeouts as the Pekin Insurance Player of the Game.
After trailing 2-0 heading into the bottom of the seventh, the Peoria Chiefs tallied four hits in the inning. With one out, Brendan Donovan hit a solo homerun, his sixth of the season to cut the deficit to 2-1.
The Chiefs added a run in the bottom of the ninth against Lansing reliever Sean Rackoski. Donovan led off the inning with a walk and advanced to third on a double into the left field corner from Alexis Wilson. Josh Shaw grounded out to second and Donovan scored from third to bring the Chiefs to within one, 3-2.
The Chiefs conclude their series against Lansing on Friday July 12, which is Distillers Night. A 6:35 p.m. start with a Peoria Distillers jersey auction, post-game fireworks, dueling pianos from Spanky Entertainment and the first 1000 fans 21 and over get a Distillers Mason Jar presented by Obed & Isaac's. Saturday, July 13 is Margaritaville Night with post-game fireworks and the first 1000 fans 13 and over get a Chiefs bucket hat courtesy of Stratus Networks. Also on Saturday the first 500 fans get TOPPS baseball cards and there will be a raffle/auction for a Joe Torre HOF signed baseball from the Safe At Home Foundation. Sunday, July 14 is a 5:05 p.m. start with Tiaras/Wand and Pirate Swords giveaway to the first 500 kids 12 and under plus appearances by Princesses & Pirates from A Royal Remembrance for Princess and Pirate Night. Monday, July 15 is an 11:05 a.m. game with Splash Day and half-price tickets.
Individual game tickets, group tickets and season ticket packages, including full-season, a 35-game ticket package, an 18-game ticket package or a Flex Plan are currently on sale by calling 309-680-4000. Individual game tickets are also on sale with the Dozer Park Box Office open Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm and online at www.peoriachiefs.com which also lists all of the season's promotions. Game times and promotions are subject to change. The broadcast can be heard, starting with the Pre-Game Show at 6:20 p.m. on the Peoria Chiefs Tune-In Page, which is free and also has a free app for smartphones and tablets. The game is also available on MiLB.tv to subscribers.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Eight Run Third Leads to Fourth Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- 13 Runs and 20 Hits Propels Snappers to Series Win - Beloit Snappers
- Clinton Offense Explodes Early to Topple Captains - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps Waste Chances in Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Take Series with 5-0 Shutout over Fort Wayne - Burlington Bees
- Wymer Turns in Lugs' Latest Gem in 3-2 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Leahy Strikes Out Ten Again for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Cubs Comeback to Beat Cougars 2-1 Behind Morel's Heroics - South Bend Cubs
- Valera Vaults Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Martinez Impresses in Relief, But 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Tops Cedar Rapids Thursday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bandits Toss 15th Shutout of Season to Even Series in Michigan - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Fall in 1-0 Pitcher's Duel on Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Triumph 1-0 over Dragons - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cubs' Small Ball Defeats Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Add 2nd Overall Pick From 2014 Draft - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 11 at Burlington (Game 88) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Great Lakes Loons
- Josh Cribbs, Beanie Wells & Julian Tavarez Headline Cleveland Sports History Night July 20 - Lake County Captains
- Nate Hadley joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons On TV Friday, Saturday, & Sunday On Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Hour Delay Cannot Contain Snappers' Bats - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Fall 9-8 in Back-And-Forth Battle - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Enjoy 'Grand' Victory over Quad Cities - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Single Game Tickets Go on Sale March 16
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Bobble Heads and Theme Ticket Packages
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Fireworks Dates
- Chiefs Scholarship Applications Open Until March 4
- Almonte Returns as Chiefs Manager in 2020; Gabella & Martin Join Staff