Josh Cribbs, Beanie Wells & Julian Tavarez Headline Cleveland Sports History Night July 20
EASTLAKE, OH - The Lake County Captains, Class A-affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, are hosting their annual Cleveland Sports History Night on Saturday July 20 at 7 PM vs. the Peoria Chiefs. This year, former Cleveland Browns Pro Bowl kick & punt returner Josh Cribbs, former Cleveland Indians set-up man Julian Tavarez, and former Ohio State running back Chris "Beanie" Wells will headline the event. Fans will have the opportunity to meet-and-greet all guests starting at 5 PM and watch as they toss out a first pitch.
In addition to the player appearances on Cleveland Sports History Night, the Captains are bringing back the Jobu bobblehead VIP package. Only 500 of these packages were available and are nearly sold out. The package is $55 each and includes a ticket to the game, early entry to the stadium, food voucher and the Jobu bobblehead figurine.
Cribbs played for the Browns for eight seasons (2005-2012) and was a three- time Pro Bowler. Cribbs had 648 career punt and kick returns for a total of 13,488 return yards and 11-return touchdowns. Cribbs has the most career kickoff touchdowns in NFL History with eight (tied with Leon Washington.) Cribbs finished his NFL career in 2014 after one year with the New York Jets and Indianapolis Colts respectively. Cribbs was the Quarterback for the Kent State Golden Flashes during his college years.
Chris "Beanie" Wells is best known for his time at Ohio State University, where he played running back for the Buckeyes. Wells had 585 rushing attempts over three seasons tallying 3,382 yards and 30 rushing touchdowns. Wells rushed for 222 yards in 2007 against Ohio State's arch rival Michigan University and was a part of two Buckeyes teams who went to play for a BCS National Championship (2006 and 2007.) Wells was drafted in the 1st round, 31st overall, by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2009 NFL Draft. Wells played four seasons in the NFL all with the Cardinals.
Julian Tavarez, pitched 17 seasons in the Major Leagues with 11 different teams, four of his 11 seasons were with the Cleveland Indians. Tavarez played in three World Series first with Cleveland in 1995, then in St. Louis in 2004 before winning a championship with Boston in 2007. Tavarez finished with a career record of 88-82 with a 4.46 ERA and 842 Strikeouts. Tavarez retired from baseball in 2009.
Other guests for Cleveland Sports History Night will be announced at a later date and appearances are subject to change.
Tickets to all Captains games can be found on the Captains website at www.captainsbaseballl.com or by calling 440-954-WINS. Captains and Picantes merchandise is available online by visiting www.Cargoholdstore.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Eight Run Third Leads to Fourth Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- 13 Runs and 20 Hits Propels Snappers to Series Win - Beloit Snappers
- Clinton Offense Explodes Early to Topple Captains - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps Waste Chances in Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Take Series with 5-0 Shutout over Fort Wayne - Burlington Bees
- Wymer Turns in Lugs' Latest Gem in 3-2 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Leahy Strikes Out Ten Again for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Cubs Comeback to Beat Cougars 2-1 Behind Morel's Heroics - South Bend Cubs
- Valera Vaults Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Martinez Impresses in Relief, But 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Tops Cedar Rapids Thursday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bandits Toss 15th Shutout of Season to Even Series in Michigan - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Fall in 1-0 Pitcher's Duel on Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Triumph 1-0 over Dragons - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cubs' Small Ball Defeats Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Add 2nd Overall Pick From 2014 Draft - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 11 at Burlington (Game 88) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Great Lakes Loons
- Josh Cribbs, Beanie Wells & Julian Tavarez Headline Cleveland Sports History Night July 20 - Lake County Captains
- Nate Hadley joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons On TV Friday, Saturday, & Sunday On Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Hour Delay Cannot Contain Snappers' Bats - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Fall 9-8 in Back-And-Forth Battle - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Enjoy 'Grand' Victory over Quad Cities - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.