Dragons Notes for Thursday
Thursday, July 11, 2019 l Game # 20 (90)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (11-8, 42-46) at Dayton Dragons (8-11, 37-52)
Max Lazar (2-1, 2.14) vs. RH Jhon De Jesus (2-7, 4.91)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers) in the second game of a three-game series. This is the second of 12 straight games against West Division opponents for the Dragons.
2019 Season Series: Dayton 1, Wisconsin 0. Streaks: Dayton has won two straight games and five of their last nine.
Last Game: Wednesday: Dayton 6, Wisconsin 2. Mariel Bautista hit a tie-breaking two-run home run and Bren Spillane added a solo homer as the Dragons won the series opener. Three Dayton pitchers combined to scatter eight hits, issuing just one walk. Reliever Adrian Rodriguez went three innings to earn the win, allowing one run, while Matt Pidich fired two scoreless innings for the save. Pabel Manzanero had three hits, 2 RBI.
Ricky Salinas has been chosen as the Cincinnati Reds Minor League Pitcher of the Month for June. Salinas in June: 5 GS, 2-0, 1.03 ERA, 26.1 IP, 17 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 7 BB, 22 SO, .181 Opps. Avg. Salinas over his last seven starts is 3-0 with a 1.69 ERA (37.1 IP, 7 ER).
- The Dragons top hitters in the Second Half (19 G) have included Bren Spillane (.375, 5 doubles, 1 HR, 6 RBI); Mariel Bautista (.327, 2 doubles, 1 HR); Pabel Manzanero (.329, 9 doubles, 2 HR, 9 RBI, .534 slg. pct.).
Bren Spillane over his last 10 games is batting .444 (16 for 36).
Pabel Manzanero has a seven-game hitting streak, going 13-30 (.433).
Mariel Bautista is hitting .327 in 15 games since returning from the injured list. He was out for 31 days with a shoulder injury.
Matt Pidich over his last 16 games: 1.20 ERA, 30 IP, 18 H, 9 R, 4 ER, 10 BB, 29 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Friday, July 12 (7:08 p.m.): Wisconsin RH Logan Gillaspie (2-5, 3.93) at Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (2-6, 4.46) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
Saturday, July 13 (7:08 p.m.): Beloit RH Angello Infante (0-1, 5.54) at Dayton RH Alexis Diaz (6-4, 5.68) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
Sunday, July 14 (2:08 p.m.): Beloit RH Chase Cohen (4-8, 5.75) at Dayton RH Ricky Salinas (4-3, 3.59) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
Monday, July 15 (7:00 p.m.): Beloit RH Aiden McIntyre (2-6, 4.82) at Dayton RH Eduardo Salazar (4-1, 4.58)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Eight Run Third Leads to Fourth Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- 13 Runs and 20 Hits Propels Snappers to Series Win - Beloit Snappers
- Clinton Offense Explodes Early to Topple Captains - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps Waste Chances in Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Take Series with 5-0 Shutout over Fort Wayne - Burlington Bees
- Wymer Turns in Lugs' Latest Gem in 3-2 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Leahy Strikes Out Ten Again for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Cubs Comeback to Beat Cougars 2-1 Behind Morel's Heroics - South Bend Cubs
- Valera Vaults Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Martinez Impresses in Relief, But 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Tops Cedar Rapids Thursday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bandits Toss 15th Shutout of Season to Even Series in Michigan - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Fall in 1-0 Pitcher's Duel on Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Triumph 1-0 over Dragons - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cubs' Small Ball Defeats Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Add 2nd Overall Pick From 2014 Draft - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 11 at Burlington (Game 88) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Great Lakes Loons
- Josh Cribbs, Beanie Wells & Julian Tavarez Headline Cleveland Sports History Night July 20 - Lake County Captains
- Nate Hadley joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons On TV Friday, Saturday, & Sunday On Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Hour Delay Cannot Contain Snappers' Bats - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Fall 9-8 in Back-And-Forth Battle - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Enjoy 'Grand' Victory over Quad Cities - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.