Hour Delay Cannot Contain Snappers' Bats
BOWLING GREEN, KY - After an offensive explosion in Appleton on Monday, the Snappers kept the bats rolling and secure a win with a final score of 9-8. The Snappers were able to produce 14 hits over 9 innings, which included 5 players with multi-hit games.
A 1 hour delay before first pitch added to the seemingly never-ending length of tonight's game. A 4 hour contest that did not wrap up until 12:36 AM local time thankfully had the Snappers coming out on top.
A rocky first from All-Star Aiden McIntyre put the Snappers at a great disadvantage very early in the game. 5 runs scored on 4 hits would not be enough to contain the red-hot hitting Snappers, though.
Beloit's scoring would begin that next inning as Snappers players would record 5 singles in a row to score 2 runs. A double and sacrifice-fly later, the Snappers had tied the game at 5. The Snappers would bring all 9 to the plate in the 2nd.
In the 6th, the Snappers would retaliate after the Hot Rods went ahead by 2 after the 3rd inning. Snappers' offense would produce with 1 out as doubles from Nick Ward, John Jones, and Anthony Churlin, assisted by a Cobie Vance single, would put the Snappers ahead 8-7.
Left-Handed Reliever Josh Reagan, who would ultimately secure the win, would give up the tying run in the bottom of the 6th, but a bases-loaded walk in the top of the 7th by John Jones would give the Snappers the edge they needed to defeat the Tampa Bay affiliate.
While all 9 Snappers hitters recorded a hit in tonight's game, DH John Jones continued his monstrous second half with 4 RBIs on 2 hits and 1 walk. Jones second half slash line, which shows why his offensive contribution has been so important to Snappers' wins, is now an astounding .429/.525/.551.
Behind Jones, 4 other players contributed with multi-hit games (Vance 2-4, Foyle 2-4, Farrar 2-4, Weber 2-5). Cobie Vance, who has found his way back towards the top of the batting order, has been great throughout the first 10 days of July. His July slash line is now an impressive .323/.417/.452.
Beloit will be back at it again tomorrow in Bowling Green, Kentucky when they take on the Hot Rods for their second game in this three game series. Tomorrow, Right-Handed Pitcher Richard Guasch is set to take the mound versus the Hot Rods. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 CST.
The Beloit Snappers are a member of the Midwest League and have been the Single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. For more ticket information, contact the Snappers office at (608) 362-2272 or visit our website, www.snappersbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Eight Run Third Leads to Fourth Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- 13 Runs and 20 Hits Propels Snappers to Series Win - Beloit Snappers
- Clinton Offense Explodes Early to Topple Captains - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps Waste Chances in Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Take Series with 5-0 Shutout over Fort Wayne - Burlington Bees
- Wymer Turns in Lugs' Latest Gem in 3-2 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Leahy Strikes Out Ten Again for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Cubs Comeback to Beat Cougars 2-1 Behind Morel's Heroics - South Bend Cubs
- Valera Vaults Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Martinez Impresses in Relief, But 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Tops Cedar Rapids Thursday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bandits Toss 15th Shutout of Season to Even Series in Michigan - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Fall in 1-0 Pitcher's Duel on Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Triumph 1-0 over Dragons - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cubs' Small Ball Defeats Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Add 2nd Overall Pick From 2014 Draft - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 11 at Burlington (Game 88) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Great Lakes Loons
- Josh Cribbs, Beanie Wells & Julian Tavarez Headline Cleveland Sports History Night July 20 - Lake County Captains
- Nate Hadley joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons On TV Friday, Saturday, & Sunday On Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Hour Delay Cannot Contain Snappers' Bats - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Fall 9-8 in Back-And-Forth Battle - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Enjoy 'Grand' Victory over Quad Cities - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.