Playoff Tickets on Sale Now
MIDLAND, Mich. - It may be the middle of July, but we're already starting to get Midwest League Playoff fever around here! After the Great Lakes Loons clinched the MWL Eastern Division Championship in the 1st half of the season, it was a guarantee there would be playoff baseball in Midland for yet another year.
This season, the Loons will take on the Lake County Captains to kick off the 2019 Midwest League Playoffs presented by MidMichigan Health. The division semifinals will begin on the road in Eastlake, Ohio, before the series shifts to Dow Diamond for Games 2 & 3 (if necessary). Those two home games will take place on Thursday, September 5 and Friday, September 6 with both beginning at 7:05 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now at the Dow Diamond box office and can be purchased in person, by phone at (989) 837-BALL and online at Loons.com. Lawn tickets are $8, reserved box seats are $12 and diamond box seats are $15.
For every lawn ticket sold to the September 5 game, $1 will be donated to the United Ways of Midland, Bay, Saginaw and Gratiot/Isabella County. Not only will fans get to enjoy the atmosphere of playoff baseball, but they will be able to give back to their local communities in the process.
Also on September 5, the Loons will be hosting a pregame tailgate party at the Larkin Beer Garden within walking distance of the stadium. There will be activities for kids and appearances by the Fun Flock, Lou E. Loon and Rall E. Camel from 4-5:30 p.m.
Stay tuned to Loons.com and the team's official social media channels on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more information as we lead up to the postseason.
The Great Lakes Loons have been the Single-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers since the team's inception in 2007. Dow Diamond serves as the team's home and also houses the Michigan Baseball Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity, and ESPN 100.9-FM. For tickets or information about the Loons, call 989-837-BALL or visit Loons.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Eight Run Third Leads to Fourth Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- 13 Runs and 20 Hits Propels Snappers to Series Win - Beloit Snappers
- Clinton Offense Explodes Early to Topple Captains - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps Waste Chances in Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Take Series with 5-0 Shutout over Fort Wayne - Burlington Bees
- Wymer Turns in Lugs' Latest Gem in 3-2 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Leahy Strikes Out Ten Again for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Cubs Comeback to Beat Cougars 2-1 Behind Morel's Heroics - South Bend Cubs
- Valera Vaults Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Martinez Impresses in Relief, But 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Tops Cedar Rapids Thursday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bandits Toss 15th Shutout of Season to Even Series in Michigan - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Fall in 1-0 Pitcher's Duel on Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Triumph 1-0 over Dragons - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cubs' Small Ball Defeats Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Add 2nd Overall Pick From 2014 Draft - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 11 at Burlington (Game 88) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Great Lakes Loons
- Josh Cribbs, Beanie Wells & Julian Tavarez Headline Cleveland Sports History Night July 20 - Lake County Captains
- Nate Hadley joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons On TV Friday, Saturday, & Sunday On Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Hour Delay Cannot Contain Snappers' Bats - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Fall 9-8 in Back-And-Forth Battle - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Enjoy 'Grand' Victory over Quad Cities - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.