13 Runs and 20 Hits Propels Snappers to Series Win
BOWLING GREEN, KY - For the second straight game, Bowling Green Ballpark featured an offensive showcase with the Snappers coming out victorious 13-9 over the Hot Rods. The contest featured 22 runs and 30 hits, while for the third straight game Beloit collected over 14 hits.
The game featured scoring early and often with the Snappers pushing across the first run of the game in the first inning. To begin the game, the Snappers picked up right where they left off with their 14-hit game last night with three straight hits tonight to open up the ballgame.
Nick Ward and Cobie Vance would both collect singles to open up putting runners on first and second for Beloit with no outs. Just one batter later, John Jones laced a single into centerfield to plate Ward and the Snappers first lead of the game.
After a run in the bottom half for Bowling Green, Beloit would get right back to work using the longball to break the early tie in the second inning. After a leadoff single from Max Schuemann, Nick Ward would launch a ball over right field to give the Snappers the 3-1 lead. The homer was Ward's fourth deep shot of the season with Beloit.
Unfortunately, the lead would not last long though as the see-saw offensive battle would continue in the bottom half. Bowling Green would bust out the bats plating 6 runs in the bottom of the second to knock out Snappers starter Richard Guasch and take their first lead of the game.
However, the offensive showcase would continue into the middle innings, as Beloit hung a four- spot on the board to tie the game all up once again.
Beloit would string together four straight hits this time to get the scoring going once again in the fourth. After three straight singles to open up the inning, Nick Ward would add to his already impressive stat line with a bases clearing triple to bring the deficit to just 1 run for Beloit.
Now with Ward on third, John Jones would hit a sharp ground ball to knock in Ward and once again even the score out at 7. That would not last long though, as Bowling Green would get one run in the bottom of the fourth to take the 8-7 lead heading to the later stages.
Trailing by one, Beloit would get the bats scorching once again plating 2 runs in each inning from the sixth to the eighth. In the sixth, after Vance and Jones singled with two outs, Logan Farrar doubled to plate both runners and give the Snappers the lead once again 9-8.
In the seventh, Beloit would plate two more runs, which in turn ended up being the deciding factor in the ballgame. After a Lester Madden single and a Max Schuemann double that plated Madden, Skyler Weber hit an infield single to give Beloit insurance runs and the 11-8 lead.
Beloit would get two more runs in the eighth, while only giving up just one run after the fifth to go on and secure the 13-9 win and take the series against the Bowling Green Hot Rods.
When it was all said and done, Beloit not only picked up the win, but had 6 individual players collect multi-hit games, while Ward was just a double shy of the cycle in the ballgame tonight.
For the Snappers on the mound, Rafael Kelly will end up with the win after five strong innings surrendering just one hit on one run and punching out three hitters. The win was Kelly's third win on the year and second straight win in his last two appearances.
The win gives Beloit not only the series win, but the season series win with these three games being the only three times Beloit will lock up with Bowling Green this season. Beloit will finish out this three-game series tomorrow against the Hot Rods at 6:35 P.M. CT in Bowling Green.
The Beloit Snappers are a member of the Midwest League and have been the Single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. For more ticket information, contact the Snappers office at (608) 362- 2272 or visit our website, www.snappersbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Eight Run Third Leads to Fourth Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- 13 Runs and 20 Hits Propels Snappers to Series Win - Beloit Snappers
- Clinton Offense Explodes Early to Topple Captains - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps Waste Chances in Shutout - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Take Series with 5-0 Shutout over Fort Wayne - Burlington Bees
- Wymer Turns in Lugs' Latest Gem in 3-2 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Leahy Strikes Out Ten Again for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Cubs Comeback to Beat Cougars 2-1 Behind Morel's Heroics - South Bend Cubs
- Valera Vaults Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Martinez Impresses in Relief, But 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Tops Cedar Rapids Thursday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bandits Toss 15th Shutout of Season to Even Series in Michigan - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Fall in 1-0 Pitcher's Duel on Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Triumph 1-0 over Dragons - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cubs' Small Ball Defeats Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Add 2nd Overall Pick From 2014 Draft - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 11 at Burlington (Game 88) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Great Lakes Loons
- Josh Cribbs, Beanie Wells & Julian Tavarez Headline Cleveland Sports History Night July 20 - Lake County Captains
- Nate Hadley joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons On TV Friday, Saturday, & Sunday On Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Hour Delay Cannot Contain Snappers' Bats - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Fall 9-8 in Back-And-Forth Battle - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Enjoy 'Grand' Victory over Quad Cities - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.