Komets Make Roster Moves
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets announced roster moves Thursday. Forward Isaiah Crawford, defensemen Carl Greco and Felix Kronwall and goaltender Jake Kupsky were released from their PTO's.
Three players were added to the preseason roster this week. Forward Mason Bergh and defenseman Max Gottlieb were assigned to Fort Wayne from the AHL's Ontario Reign. Also, goaltender Cole Kehler was assigned to Fort Wayne from the NHL's Los Angeles Kings.
In addition, forward Brett McKenzie has been released from his tryout with the AHL's Chicago Wolves and will join the Komets training camp.
The Fort Wayne preseason roster currently stands at 28 players including 15 forwards, 10 defensemen and three goaltenders.
Two home exhibition games-- There are two exhibition games slated against the Wheeling Nailers, both in Fort Wayne. The Komets host Wheeling Friday, Oct. 4th at 8:05pm and Saturday, Oct. 5th at 7:35pm.
Season opener Oct. 12 vs Kalamazoo-- The Komets will open the 2019-20 regular season ECHL schedule at home on Saturday, Oct. 12 against arch rival Kalamazoo at 7:35pm.
Komet hockey on WOWO-- Again this year fans can follow the action with Shane Albahrani as he returns for his fourth full season behind the Komet microphone broadcasting play-by-play on WOWO AM 1190 and FM 107.5. Game broadcasts are also streamed live at Komets.com. There will be no broadcast of the exhibition games.
Get Komet Tickets-- Season tickets continue on sale at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way in Fort Wayne. Single game tickets for all 36 home games and for the exhibition games scheduled for Friday and Saturday against Wheeling are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 5, 2019
- Solar Bears Fall in OT to Everblades, 4-3 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Complete Preseason Sweep of Wings - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Fall 5-1 to Idaho in Preseason Finale - Utah Grizzlies
- Team Black Edges Team White in Rush Intrasquad Game - Rapid City Rush
- Growlers Sweep Preseason Series against Brampton - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Drops Lone Exhibition Contest in OT - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Win Lone Preseason Game in Overtime - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Salvage Preseason Split with Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Florida Earns Comeback Win in OT to Finish Preseason - Florida Everblades
- Marathon Shootout Goes to Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Fall 4-1 to Cincinnati in Preseason Finale - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Downed by Royals in Preseason Finale, 6-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Dominant 6-1 Win Concludes Royals Preseason - Reading Royals
- Rabbits Tripped up by Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Take Down Mariners 4-1 in Lone Tune up Before Regular Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Stingrays Close Preseason with 4-1 Win in Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Fall to Worcester in Preseason Affair - Maine Mariners
- Conner Bleackley Loaned to AHL's Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Make Roster Moves - Fort Wayne Komets
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Preseason Wraps up with Saturday Tilt against Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Sign Chris Nell - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Growlers Earn Preseason Victory in Brampton - Newfoundland Growlers
- Grizzlies Win Preseason Opener 5-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears Open Preseason with 3-2 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Beat KC 3-2 in Overtime - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Fall in Preseason Opener to Grizzles, 5-2 - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Fort Wayne's Szydlowski Named ECHL Player of the Week
- Komets Sweep Wings at Kalamazoo; Wings Visit Friday; Tip-A-Komet Tuesday
- Komets Sweep Weekend Home Double-Header; Bergh Named ECHL Rookie of October
- Komets Home for Two this Weekend
- Ferguson Returns to Komets