Keel Goes Seven, Stifles Reno
Jerry Keel pitched seven innings and allowed only one run in the El Paso Chihuahuas' 4-1 win over the Reno Aces Friday night at Southwest University Park. Keel's seven innings produced the longest start of the season by a Chihuahuas pitcher.
The Chihuahuas four runs all came in a nine-batter fourth inning on a long home run by Josh Naylor off the right field light tower, RBI singles by Keel and Matthew Batten and a sacrifice fly by Michael Gettys. The RBI by Keel was the first of his professional career.
El Paso has now won seven of its last eight games. The Chihuahuas turned three double plays in the win, tying their season high.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/aces-vs-chihuahuas/2019/04/19/579425#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=579425
Team Records: Reno (5-10), El Paso (8-7)
Next Game: Saturday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Reno RHP Taylor Widener (0-1, 9.00) vs. El Paso LHP Logan Allen (1-0, 4.91). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 19, 2019
- Late Runs Send Cubs to Win in Series Opener - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Blanked for First Time in Albuquerque Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Keel Goes Seven, Stifles Reno - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa Scores 10 to Down Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- Starling, Chasers Slice 'Cakes 10-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Omaha Chases Neidert, Rolls Past 'Cakes 10-4 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rain Postpones Round Rock at Memphis Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds, Express Postponed Friday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Postponed for Second Straight Night - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds and Missions Postponed at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 19, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Introduce "New Mexico 3-Pack" - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Canning Tosses Gem in Bees Blowout Win - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats cannot solve Aviators as bullpen falters again - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies canâ??t complete sweep, fall 12-1 to Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chasers Topple Dodgers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Late Homer Nips El Paso - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Young, Jr. Throttles Game-Winner, Miller Cuts Down Tying Run to Secure Rainiers Victory in El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Omaha Wins Series in OKC with Thursday Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Berti, Holaday Homers Help Baby Cakes Take Series from Cubs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Iowa Falls Short in New Orleans - Iowa Cubs
- Isotopes, Aces Split Doubleheader - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Split Doubleheader in Albuquerque, Win 750th Game - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- El Paso Chihuahuas & El Paso Locomotive Foundations Launch Virtual Toy Drive
- Chihuahuas Win Minor League Baseball's Golden Bobblehead for Best Community Event
- Southwest University Park to Host Movie Night at the Ballpark Presented by Texas Gas Service
- Chihuahuas to Host First Virtual 9-1-5K Presented by Texas Gas Service
- Chihuahuas and Locomotive Front Office Staffs to Offer Support to Area Non-Profit Organizations