Isotopes, Aces Split Doubleheader
Game One - Aces 6, Isotopes 3
Game Two - Isotopes 4 (8-7), Aces 2 (5-9) - Isotopes Park - Albuquerque N.M.
AT THE DISH (Game one): The Isotopes were limited to four hits over the seven-inning contest, but crossed the plate three times ... Elliot Soto recorded the only extra-base hit for the Isotopes, a double in the seventh inning ... Albuquerque was 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left five on base ... (Game Two): Albuquerque's offense was led by Sam Hilliard in game two, who finished the contest 1-for-2 with a home run and two RBI ... Brian Mundell finished the game 2-for-3 with a run scored and RBI ... With a hit in games one and two, Elliot Soto has now reached base safely in 12 straight games.
TOEING THE RUBBER (Game one): Isotopes starter Evan Grills took the loss, falling to 1-2 on the year after allowing six runs on eight hits. The southpaw walked two and struck out two over 5.0 innings ... Matt Pierpont and Yency Almonte each recorded a scoreless frame out of the bullpen ... (Game Two): Isotopes starter David Holman received a no-decision, tossing 4.0 innings while allowing two runs. The right-hander struck out two and walked one ... Justin Lawrence earned the win after pitching 1.0 scoreless inning out of the bullpen ... Jairo Diaz picked up his first save of the season after a perfect ninth inning on the mound for Albuquerque.
TOPES TIDBITS: The cumulative time of both games one and two was five hours even ... Thursday was the Isotopes first true doubleheader since 2017, also against the Aces ... The Isotopes have now lost three-straight series since winning their first of the season vs. Salt Lake.
ON DECK: Tacoma Rainiers at Albuquerque Isotopes, 6:35 p.m. MT, Isotopes Park ... Family Friday: You're a Wizard Night ... Youth Jerseys for the first 2,000 fans 15 and younger courtesy of PULLTOGETHER.ORG
PROBABLES: Rainiers: TBA, Isotopes: RHP Ryan Castellani (1-0, 2.79)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 19, 2019
- Late Runs Send Cubs to Win in Series Opener - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Blanked for First Time in Albuquerque Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Keel Goes Seven, Stifles Reno - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa Scores 10 to Down Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- Starling, Chasers Slice 'Cakes 10-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Omaha Chases Neidert, Rolls Past 'Cakes 10-4 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rain Postpones Round Rock at Memphis Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds, Express Postponed Friday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Postponed for Second Straight Night - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds and Missions Postponed at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 19, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Introduce "New Mexico 3-Pack" - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Canning Tosses Gem in Bees Blowout Win - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats cannot solve Aviators as bullpen falters again - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies canâ??t complete sweep, fall 12-1 to Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chasers Topple Dodgers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Late Homer Nips El Paso - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Young, Jr. Throttles Game-Winner, Miller Cuts Down Tying Run to Secure Rainiers Victory in El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Omaha Wins Series in OKC with Thursday Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Berti, Holaday Homers Help Baby Cakes Take Series from Cubs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Iowa Falls Short in New Orleans - Iowa Cubs
- Isotopes, Aces Split Doubleheader - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Split Doubleheader in Albuquerque, Win 750th Game - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Fuentes Hits for the Cycle, Albuquerque Clobbers Reno
- Isotopes Team up with ENlace Comunitario for 'Homers That Help'
- Isotopes Unveil "Watermelon Walk-Off"
- Isotopes Fall Victim to Peña's Heroic Night in Series Finale
- Skeeters Clip Isotopes with Pair of Home Runs Monday