Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds
San Antonio Missions (7-7) at Nashville Sounds (4-10)
Game #15/Away Game #8
Friday, April 19, 6:35 p.m.
First Tennessee Park
MiLB.tv/KONO 860 AM
RHP Burch Smith (1-0, 0.82) vs. LHP Taylor Hearn (1-2, 3.86)
Let's Do This Later: The Missions are playing their first game since Wednesday night after rain postponed their matchup with the Memphis Redbirds. That game will be made up on May 27 as part of a doubleheader. The Nashville Sounds also had issues with the weather last night, as their game against Round Rock had to be suspended in the bottom of the second inning. They will complete that game on May 27.
vs. Nashville: San Antonio and Nashville are facing off for the fifth time this season and for the first time in Nashville. The Missions and Sounds split their series in San Antonio from April 12-15. The Sounds won the opening game and the series finale.
Welcome Back: For the first time since Opening Night on April 4, Missions outfielder Troy Stokes Jr. will be active and ready to play. Stokes was placed on the Injured List and has been inactive since April 6 dealing with an oblique injury. With Corey Ray now being placed on the Injured List, it is a welcome return for Stokes. In his one game this season, Stokes is 2-for-3 with a run scored a walk and a strikeout.
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
San Antonio Missions (@missionsmilb)
We are one week away from our first jersey giveaway of season. Be one of the first 2,000 fans through the gates on April 26 and receive a Silver and Black Missions jersey presented by @McCombsWestFord bit.ly/2Gmqvea
Minor League Baseball (@MiLB)
New podcast is out! This week:
- #Brewers No. 6 prospect Zack Brown talks about the transition to Triple-A - @TylerMaun/@SamDykstraMiLB pick favorite single-game performances - @bensbiz rolls out his first 2019 road trip : atmilb.com/1HPwFf4
What does the immediate future of the @Brewers look like? Randy&Co on @Sportsfan1330 talked with Mike Saeger, the radio voice of the AAA @missionsmilb to get the scoop. @SAMissionsRadio sportsfanrockford.com/episode/replay...
LHP Donnie Hart recalled by Milwaukee
RHP Corbin Burnes optioned to San Antonio, yet to report
RHP Jake Petricka optioned to San Antonio, yet to report
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 19, 2019
- Late Runs Send Cubs to Win in Series Opener - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Blanked for First Time in Albuquerque Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Keel Goes Seven, Stifles Reno - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa Scores 10 to Down Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- Starling, Chasers Slice 'Cakes 10-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Omaha Chases Neidert, Rolls Past 'Cakes 10-4 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rain Postpones Round Rock at Memphis Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds, Express Postponed Friday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Postponed for Second Straight Night - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds and Missions Postponed at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 19, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Introduce "New Mexico 3-Pack" - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Canning Tosses Gem in Bees Blowout Win - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats cannot solve Aviators as bullpen falters again - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies canâ??t complete sweep, fall 12-1 to Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chasers Topple Dodgers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Late Homer Nips El Paso - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Young, Jr. Throttles Game-Winner, Miller Cuts Down Tying Run to Secure Rainiers Victory in El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Omaha Wins Series in OKC with Thursday Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Berti, Holaday Homers Help Baby Cakes Take Series from Cubs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Iowa Falls Short in New Orleans - Iowa Cubs
- Isotopes, Aces Split Doubleheader - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Split Doubleheader in Albuquerque, Win 750th Game - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative