Omaha Wins Series in OKC with Thursday Victory
Oklahoma City - The Omaha Storm Chasers scored four early runs on the way to a 5-3 win against the Oklahoma City Dodgers Thursday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The Storm Chasers (8-6) took the final two games of the series between the teams to win the three-game set.
After a 52-minute delay to the start the game due to rain, Omaha jumped out a quick 2-0 lead in the first inning.
The Storm Chasers scored first on an Oklahoma City fielding error and added another run on a RBI single by Jorge Bonifacio.
Omaha extended to a 4-0 lead in the second inning via a two-run single lined into right field by Nicky Lopez.
The Dodgers (6-8) got on the board in the fourth inning with their first two hits of the night. Edwin RÃ-os connected on one of them, hitting a two-out RBI single into left field to cut into Omaha's lead.
Oklahoma City loaded the bases in the bottom of the sixth inning and scored two more runs to trim the deficit to one run. RÃ-os doubled before Connor Joe and Kyle Garlick each drew walks with one out. Later with two outs, Paulo Orlando lined a two-run single into right field to cut Omaha's lead to 4-3.
In the top of the seventh inning, Dodgers outfielder Kyle Garlick made an impressive leaping catch at the wall in left field on a fly ball hit by Cheslor Cuthbert with a runner on second base to secure the second out and help keep Oklahoma City down by one run.
The first two Dodgers batters of the seventh inning reached, but Omaha pitcher Jake Kalish retired the next three Oklahoma City batters, including a diving catch by Omaha right fielder Brett Phillips to end the inning.
Omaha tacked on another run in the eighth inning to extend their lead. Brett Phillips drew a walk then stole second and third base before scoring on a RBI single by Nick Dini for a two-run advantage.
Pitcher Dennis Santana (0-1) made his first start of the season with Oklahoma City and was charged with the loss, allowing four runs and four hits with four walks and three strikeouts over 2.1 innings.
Omaha starting pitcher Foster Griffin (1-1) got the win for the Storm Chasers, allowing three runs on four hits over 5.1 innings with three walks and nine strikeouts.
Kalish pitched 3.2 scoreless innings to record his first save of the season for the Storm Chasers.
The Dodgers remain home and open a four-game series against the Iowa Cubs at 7:05 p.m. Friday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The fun, inflatable characters of the ZOOperstars! are scheduled to dance, perform acrobatics, tricks and comedy on the field between innings. Fireworks, presented by Tru Sky Credit Union, are scheduled to follow the game.
Tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
Live radio coverage of each game begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com and through the free iHeartRadio or MiLB First Pitch apps.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 19, 2019
- Late Runs Send Cubs to Win in Series Opener - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Blanked for First Time in Albuquerque Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Keel Goes Seven, Stifles Reno - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa Scores 10 to Down Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- Starling, Chasers Slice 'Cakes 10-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Omaha Chases Neidert, Rolls Past 'Cakes 10-4 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rain Postpones Round Rock at Memphis Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds, Express Postponed Friday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Postponed for Second Straight Night - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds and Missions Postponed at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 19, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Introduce "New Mexico 3-Pack" - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Canning Tosses Gem in Bees Blowout Win - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats cannot solve Aviators as bullpen falters again - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies canâ??t complete sweep, fall 12-1 to Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chasers Topple Dodgers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Late Homer Nips El Paso - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Young, Jr. Throttles Game-Winner, Miller Cuts Down Tying Run to Secure Rainiers Victory in El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Omaha Wins Series in OKC with Thursday Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Berti, Holaday Homers Help Baby Cakes Take Series from Cubs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Iowa Falls Short in New Orleans - Iowa Cubs
- Isotopes, Aces Split Doubleheader - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Split Doubleheader in Albuquerque, Win 750th Game - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Lifeshare Winterfest and Snow Tubing Canceled
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers