Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 17 (January 27 - February 2, 2020)
Fuel earn three points in three games against Central Division opponents this weekend. Begin four games in six days on Tuesday
INDY FUEL WEEK 16 RESULTS: 1-1-1-0, 22-19-2-1 Overall, 4th Central Division
Thursday, January 30 - Fuel 3 vs Kalamazoo 5
In the first of three games in three days the Indy Fuel hosted the Kalamazoo Wings on Thursday night. Opening the scoring early in the first Indy would put up three goals on Kalamazoo but it wouldn't be enough as they would fall 5-3 to the Wings on Thursday night.
Friday, January 31 - Fuel 3 vs Cincinnati 4
The Indy Fuel and the Cincinnati Cyclones battled hard throughout the game, exchanging goals throughout every period until Tobie Bisson notched the game winning goal less than two minutes into overtime to bring the Cyclones to a win.
Saturday, February 1 - Fuel 3 vs Toledo 2
Coming off of back to back losses on Thursday and Friday, the Indy Fuel hosted the Toledo Walleye on Saturday night. Opening the scoring early in the first period, Indy would score three goals and hold on to defeat the Walleye 3-2.
INDY FUEL WEEK 17 SCHEDULE:
Tuesday, February 4 - Fuel vs Cincinnati (7:05 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Playing their fourth game in five days, the Fuel will host the Central Division's first place team in the Cincinnati Cyclones. Indy lost to the Cyclones on Friday night 4-3 in overtime, splitting the season record at four wins each.
Friday, February 7 - Fuel vs Tulsa (7:35 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Hosting Hockey Fights Cancer, the Indy Fuel will wear specialty jerseys for Hockey Fights Cancer. Blackhawks legend Eddie Olczyk will be at the Coliseum signing autographs before and during Indy's only matchup with the Tulsa Oilers.
Saturday, February 8 - Fuel at Kalamazoo (7:00 p.m. ET, Wings Event Center)
Indy has met the Wings twice at the Wings Event Center, splitting the matchups with Indy scoring six goals against the Wings in the most recent win between the two teams. In the most recent game between the two teams, Indy fell 5-2 to the Wings at Indiana Farmers Coliseum.
Sunday, February 9 - Fuel vs Fort Wayne (3:05 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
In Indy's third Sunday game of the season, they will host the Fort Wayne Komets on Family Fun Day. The Fuel have put together a 1-2-0-1 record against the Komets this season and will have the chance to finish out a three-game weekend with a win on Sunday afternoon.
Since returning to the lineup from a Rockford AHL call up, Spencer Watson has earned five goals and one assist
Watson is riding a four-game goal streak since Jan 25 (5g)
Watson leads the ECHL in goals having scored 25 goals in 38 games this season
Averaging .57 goals per game, Watson is on pace to take the franchise all-time goals per season record (currently sits in 5th)
Tallying a power play goal on Thursday night, Watson leads the ECHL in power play goals with 9
Scoring the first goal of the game on Saturday against Toledo, Alex Rauter is riding a four game point streak (3g, 2a)
Bobby MacIntyre has earned a point in each of the last four games
MacIntyre is the only player to skate in all 44 games with the Fuel this season
Scoring first on Saturday night, the Fuel are 20-7-2-1 when scoring the first goal of the game
Although putting up a record of 13-22-2-0 against Toledo over the past five years, Indy is 7-1-0-0 against the Walleye this season
Hosting a crowd of 5,893, Indy has averaged 3,911 fans through 22 home games
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com.
Catch every home game this season with a free online stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the "Watch/Listen Live" button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through ECHL.TV!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2019-20 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #NoBrakes on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 3, 2020
- Ty Ronning Re-Joins Wolf Pack - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Home Saturday and Sunday - Toledo Walleye
- Smereck Earns Call-Up to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - February 3 - ECHL
- Stingrays Acquire Defender Neal Goff - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Deal Blueliner Goff to South Carolina for Rookie Forward Vanderlaan - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Deliver Bears to Children's Health Plano - Allen Americans
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 3 - Tulsa Oilers
- Roe Named AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of Month - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Roe Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Americans Rally from 4-1 Deficit to Beat Wichita 7-6 - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Hit the Road for Quick SetBefore Returning Home - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Weekly - February 3, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Weekly Report: Royals Surging with Pink in the Rink Ahead - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, February 3 - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Return Home Saturday; Oilers Visit for Wizarding World Night and Report Card Night - Fort Wayne Komets
- 'Blades Weekly: Rivalry with Orlando Returns as Part of Busy Week - Florida Everblades
- Mariners Weekly: Movin' on Up - Maine Mariners
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Continues Road Trip in Wichita, Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 17 (January 27 - February 2, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Ruwe Named Honig's/ECHL Official of the Month - ECHL
- "3-Millionth Fan" to be Named Saturday, February 8 at Pink in the Rink Night - Reading Royals
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of February 3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.