Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays
VENUE: North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, S.C.
DATE: Friday, Jan. 18 at 7:05 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (19-15-3-0) take on the South Carolina Stingrays (20-16-2-0) to open up another three-game set against a South Division opponent. Orlando has four total games remaining on the schedule against South Carolina, all of which will be played at the North Charleston Coliseum, where the Solar Bears are 1-0-0-0 this season.
SOLAR BEARS POWER PLAY HEATING UP: Over Orlando's last four games, the team's power play has gone 6-for-18 (33.33%), including a 3-for-5 outing against the Stingrays on Jan. 6 in a 4-1 win. The Solar Bears have gone 7-for-31 (22.58) against South Carolina with the man advantage through seven games this season.
EXPECT A TIGHT GAME: Four of the seven meetings this season between Orlando and South Carolina have been decided by one goal. Both the Solar Bears and Stingrays have had 19 of their games determined by one goal.
FOGET LOOKING TO BUILD ON STREAK: Forward Mathieu Foget enters tonight's game with a seven-game point streak (3g-5a), and has four points (2g-2a) in four games against the Stingrays. Since Dec. 1, the rookie's offensive production has been at a point-per-game pace, and he has led the team in that span with 19 points (7g-12a) in 19 games.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears square off against the South Carolina Stingrays again on Saturday, Jan. 19 at 7:05 p.m. at the North Charleston Coliseum. The Solar Bears return home to host the Jacksonville Icemen on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7 p.m. for a Wine Down Wednesday. Fans can take advantage of $5 wine specials during the game. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for the game.
Fighting Four Packs presented by CenturyLink:
Gear up for the second half of the 2018-19 season with a Fighting Four Pack, presented by CenturyLink! Pick any four remaining home games and get $65 dollars in gift certificates to Dick's Sporting Goods, First Watch, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the Saturday, Feb. 23 game against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, part of Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, presented by XYMOPrint. Packs start as low as $69.99 - CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 18, 2019
- Matt Rupert Sparks Fuel to Overtime Win in Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Drop Weekend Opener to Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Blank Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Kick off Three-In-Three with Road Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Held Scoreless in Wichita, 4-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Growlers Stumble in OT, Fall to the Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Win Season High Fourth Straight After Wild 3-2 Overtime Home Victory over the Growlers - Worcester Railers HC
- Stingrays Shut Down Orlando with 38 Saves by Redmond - South Carolina Stingrays
- Four-Goal Second Period Leads Thunder to 6-2 Win over Nailers - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Score in Each Period, Top K-Wings 4-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Halverson Stops 43 for First Shutout in Mariners History - Maine Mariners
- Quick Strikes in the Third Push IceMen Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Blanked by Mariners, 1-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- The 'SOL' Line Propels Glads to Third Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Power Play Rolls at Home - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Bark at Brampton in 3rd, Drop 3-1 on Wiener Dog Race Night - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - January 18 - ECHL
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Manchester Monarchs Ice Hockey Team to Seek New Ownership - Manchester Monarchs
- Aurora Games Bringing International Women's Hockey to Glens Falls - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: 1/19 vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Thunder Game Day Snap Shot, January 18 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Acquire Defenseman Jutzi from Greenville - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: IceMen at Admirals, January 18, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Forward Jordan Samuels-Thomas Reassigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Caleb Herbert Returns to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day: K-Wings Kick off Big Home Weekend vs. Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Pucks N' Paws Night and Wiener Dog Races vs. Brampton - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears Gain Ryan Obuchowski in Trade with Toledo
- Solar Bears Announce 2019-20 Schedule
- Solar Bears to Host Equipment Sale on Saturday, June 15
- Solar Bears to Open 2019-20 Season at Home on Saturday, October 12 vs. South Carolina
- Solar Bears to Host Equipment Sale on Saturday, June 15