Forward Jordan Samuels-Thomas Reassigned to Stingrays
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Hershey Bears announced Friday that recently signed forward Jordan Samuels-Thomas has been reassigned to the South Carolina Stingrays. The 28-year-old West Hartford, Conn. native was most recently playing overseas in Austria with Medvescak Zagreb in the EBEL, suiting up for 17 contests and posting 11 points on two goals and nine assists.
Samuels-Thomas has played 195 games at the American Hockey League level in his career, including 74 with the San Diego Gulls during a two-year span from 2016-18. Previously, the 6-foot-3, 194-pound forward also spent time with the Ontario Reign and Rochester Americans. Samuels-Thomas has 56 career AHL points on 28 goals and 28 assists.
A former 7th-round draft pick by the Atlanta Thrashers in 2009, Samuels-Thomas has also suited up for three ECHL teams and posted eight points (3g, 5a) in 10 games for the Manchester Monarchs, Utah Grizzlies and Florida Everblades.
Before turning pro Samuels-Thomas played four seasons of college hockey, starting at Bowling Green State and finishing at Quinnipiac. The attacker had at least 20 points in all four of his years, collecting 46 total in 71 games during in his freshman and sophomore year with the Falcons before adding 58 in 77 games during his junior and senior seasons with the Bobcats.
Samuels-Thomas also played two seasons of junior hockey in the USHL with the Waterloo Black Hawks from 2007-09, where he was teammates with current Stingrays goaltender Parker Milner, and played two prep school seasons while attending the Canterbury School from 2004-06.
South Carolina returns to the ice on Friday against the Orlando Solar Bears at the North Charleston Coliseum at 7:05 p.m. On Saturday, the Stingrays will Pack The House for Military Appreciation Night against Orlando. The first 3,500 fans at the game will receive a Stingrays rally towel before the 7:05 p.m. game! Tickets are on sale now!
To bring your group to the game and save, call the Stingrays Front Office during business hours at 843-744-2248! For single game tickets, visit ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 18, 2019
- Matt Rupert Sparks Fuel to Overtime Win in Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Drop Weekend Opener to Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Blank Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Kick off Three-In-Three with Road Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Held Scoreless in Wichita, 4-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Growlers Stumble in OT, Fall to the Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Win Season High Fourth Straight After Wild 3-2 Overtime Home Victory over the Growlers - Worcester Railers HC
- Stingrays Shut Down Orlando with 38 Saves by Redmond - South Carolina Stingrays
- Four-Goal Second Period Leads Thunder to 6-2 Win over Nailers - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Score in Each Period, Top K-Wings 4-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Halverson Stops 43 for First Shutout in Mariners History - Maine Mariners
- Quick Strikes in the Third Push IceMen Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Blanked by Mariners, 1-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- The 'SOL' Line Propels Glads to Third Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Power Play Rolls at Home - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Bark at Brampton in 3rd, Drop 3-1 on Wiener Dog Race Night - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - January 18 - ECHL
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Manchester Monarchs Ice Hockey Team to Seek New Ownership - Manchester Monarchs
- Aurora Games Bringing International Women's Hockey to Glens Falls - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: 1/19 vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Thunder Game Day Snap Shot, January 18 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Acquire Defenseman Jutzi from Greenville - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: IceMen at Admirals, January 18, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Forward Jordan Samuels-Thomas Reassigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Caleb Herbert Returns to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day: K-Wings Kick off Big Home Weekend vs. Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Pucks N' Paws Night and Wiener Dog Races vs. Brampton - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.