Fuel Announce Final Window of ECHL Schedule
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs, announced Wednesday the final window of their 2020-21 ECHL schedule. After a heavy road schedule in the month of March, the Fuel will open the final window of the schedule with a home game against South Carolina.
Under the ECHL split-season guidelines, 13 teams began a 72-game season on December 11th - Allen, Florida, Greenville, Indy, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Orlando, Rapid City, South Carolina, Tulsa, Utah, Wheeling and Wichita. Additionally, the ECHL Board of Governors, in conjunction with the Professional Hockey Players' Association, approved the opportunity for the Fort Wayne Komets to participate in the 2020-21 ECHL season beginning in February 2021.
The Fuel will open the final window of the ECHL season by hosting the South Carolina Stingrays for the first time this season. After opening their 2020-21 ECHL season in early February, the Fort Wayne Komets will face the Fuel for three straight games on April 9th, 10th and 11th. Throughout the month of April, the Fuel will face the Wheeling Nailers three times (1 home, 2 road), Fort Wayne four times (2 home, 2 road), as well as East Division opponents Orlando Solar Bears (3 home) and the Florida Everblades (1 home).
Spending the majority of the month of May on the road, the Fuel will close out three games in three days on May 1st and 2nd hosting the Florida Everblades and Wheeling Nailers. Playing 15 games in the month of May, the Fuel will only host four games at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Staying with the familiar opponents in May, Indy will face the Komets seven times (3 home, 4 road), South Carolina twice on the road and Rapid City four times on the road. In the final three games of the season, the Fuel host the Kansas City Mavericks on June 2 before closing out the regular season with two road games against the Wheeling Nailers
The format for the 2020-21 Kelly Cup Playoffs will see the top four teams in both the Eastern Conference and Western Conference, based on points percentage at the conclusion of the regular season, earn postseason berths. All three rounds in the 2021 Kelly Cup Playoffs will be best-of-five series, with the higher-seeded team having the option of playing the first two or the final three games at home, unless a mutual alternative series format is determined.
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel's 7th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2020-21 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 10, 2021
- Blades Topple Stingrays with Pair of Late Goals - South Carolina Stingrays
- Waked Overtime Winner Propels Indy over Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Defeat Stingrays - Florida Everblades
- Feisty Battle Goes to Fuel in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - February 10 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Acquire Goaltender Taran Kozun, Claim Forward Luc Brown - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Announce Remaining Games of 2020-21 Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears Announce Fourth and Final Phase of 2020-21 Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Weekends at the Well Continue; Final 12 Regular Season Home Dates Announced - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush, ECHL Announce Final 28 Games of 2020-21 Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Icemen Announce Final Tier of 2020-21 Season Schedule - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Announce Phase Four of 2020-21 Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Everblades Announce Final Group of Games for 2020-21 Season - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Announce Final Window of ECHL Schedule - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Announce Remainder of 2020-21 Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Final 28 Regular Season Games Announced - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Announce Final Phase of the Regular Season Schedule - Allen Americans
- ECHL Reveals Remainder of 2021 Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Hockey Operations to Raise Money for Local Businesses - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Stingrays vs. Everblades, February 10 at 7:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Gear up for Road Trip to Charleston - Florida Everblades
- Allen Defeats Utah 2-1 in Shootout - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Beat Utah in a Shootout - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.