Americans Announce Final Phase of the Regular Season Schedule
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Iowa Wild (AHL), have announced the final phase of the 2020-21 regular season schedule., which will run through Saturday, June 5.
In total, between April 7th and June 5th, the Americans will play 17 games at Allen Event Center. 13 of those 17 games will be on the weekend. (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). These games include three (3) makeup games from the postponed January 15-16-17 games against Wichita.
The full, 36-game home slate has the Americans at the Allen Event Center for two long stretches of games in the final months of the regular season.
The Red kicks off a 10-game homestand in March that runs through April 11th, which will be the longest stretch of home games in the 12-year history of the team.
A second home stand of eight games starts April 20th against the Wichita Thunder and wraps up on May 5th against the Tulsa Oilers.
The Americans close the regular season at home with a Wednesday, Friday, Saturday trio beginning June 2nd against Wichita, and then back to back games against Rapid City on June 4th and 5th.
Stay tuned for the Americans 2020-2021 promotional schedule to be announced in the coming days.
Tickets for the final phase of home games go on sale next Monday, February 15th, at 10:00 am CST on Ticketmaster.
The 2020-21 ECHL regular season is scheduled to end on Saturday, June 5, with the 2021 Kelly Cup Playoffs beginning on Monday, June 7. The Kelly Cup Finals are scheduled to end no later than Saturday, July 3.
The top four teams in both the Eastern Conference and Western Conference, based on points percentage at the conclusion of the regular season, will earn postseason berths. All three rounds in the 2021 Kelly Cup Playoffs will be best-of-five series, with the higher-seeded team having the option of playing the first two or the final three games at home, unless a mutual alternative series format is determined.
The Conference Semifinals in both conferences will see the first-place team meet the fourth-place finisher and the second-place team taking on the third-place team. The two winners in each Conference will meet in the Conference Finals, with those winners advancing to the 2021 Kelly Cup Finals.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 10, 2021
- Blades Topple Stingrays with Pair of Late Goals - South Carolina Stingrays
- Waked Overtime Winner Propels Indy over Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Defeat Stingrays - Florida Everblades
- Feisty Battle Goes to Fuel in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - February 10 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Acquire Goaltender Taran Kozun, Claim Forward Luc Brown - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Announce Remaining Games of 2020-21 Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears Announce Fourth and Final Phase of 2020-21 Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Weekends at the Well Continue; Final 12 Regular Season Home Dates Announced - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush, ECHL Announce Final 28 Games of 2020-21 Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Icemen Announce Final Tier of 2020-21 Season Schedule - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Announce Phase Four of 2020-21 Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Everblades Announce Final Group of Games for 2020-21 Season - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Announce Final Window of ECHL Schedule - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Announce Remainder of 2020-21 Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Final 28 Regular Season Games Announced - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Announce Final Phase of the Regular Season Schedule - Allen Americans
- ECHL Reveals Remainder of 2021 Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Hockey Operations to Raise Money for Local Businesses - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Stingrays vs. Everblades, February 10 at 7:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Gear up for Road Trip to Charleston - Florida Everblades
- Allen Defeats Utah 2-1 in Shootout - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Beat Utah in a Shootout - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.