ECHL Announces Full Schedule for 2018-19 Season
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The ECHL officially unveiled the league's composite schedule for the 2018-19 regular season Tuesday afternoon. The 26th season of South Carolina Stingrays hockey begins in Jacksonville against the Icemen on October 13, while the home opener will take place on Saturday, October 20 vs. the Greenville Swamp Rabbits.
The Stingrays previously announced the dates for their 36 home games last week. SC will welcome 10 different teams to the North Charleston Coliseum during 2018-19. All dates on the upcoming schedule are subject to change.
South Carolina will travel to Allen and face the Americans for the first time since the 2015 Kelly Cup Finals with a two-game weekend series Nov. 2-3. In addition, the Stingrays will be in Kansas City to square off with the Mavericks Feb. 1-2 and travel north for their first-ever meetings in Maine against the Mariners March 8-9. The trip to New England will be completed on Sunday, March 10 when the Stingrays will take on the Worcester Railers at the DCU Center for the second consecutive season.
The Stingrays also previously announced their major theme nights for 2018-19 which include many fan-favorites from previous seasons. The full promotional schedule is in the works and will be announced prior to the 2018-19 season. An extended breakdown of the slate is below.
Season tickets are on sale now! For more information or to purchase, contact the Stingrays by phone at 843-744-2248 or visit 3300 W. Montague Ave. Suite A-200 during business hours.
For all the latest news and updates, follow the Stingrays on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
2018-19 Major Theme Nights:
October 20: Opening Night
November 17: Marvel Super Hero Night
December 8: Teddy Bear Toss
December 15: Nickelodeon Night
January 26: Pack The House/Military Appreciation Night
February 16: Star Wars Night Presented by Jeff Cook Real Estate
March 2: Pink In The Rink
April 6: FAN-tastic FAN-ale
2018-19 Schedule Breakdown:
Most Common Opponent: Atlanta Gladiators (14 games)
Longest Homestand: 7 games (Feb. 15-26)
Busiest Month: March (14 games)
Allen (2), Atlanta (14), Florida (8), Greenville (9), Jacksonville (10), Kansas City (4), Maine (2), Norfolk (8), Orlando (11), St. John's (1), Wheeling (1), Worcester (2)
October (6), November (13), December (12), January (12), February (13), March (14), April (2)
Tuesday (8), Wednesday (6), Friday (22), Saturday (21), Sunday (11)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 15, 2018
- Komets Announce Complete 2018-19 Season Schedule - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Transactions - May 15 - ECHL
- Manchester Monarchs Announce 2018-19 Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Rush Announce Full Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Announce Full 2018-19 Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears to Open 2018-19 Season at Home - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kalamazoo Wings Announce 2018-19 Schedule - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Reveals Full 2018-19 Season Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Maine Mariners Release 2018-19 Season Schedule - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators 2018-2019 Schedule Released - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Releases Full 2018-19 Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Release 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Announce Full 2018-2019 Schedule - Allen Americans
- Royals Announce 2018-19 Schedule - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announces Full 2018-19 Schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Announce 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - Worcester Railers HC
- St. John's ECHL Franchise Schedule Released - Newfoundland Growlers
- 2019 HHOF Inductee Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Admirals Release Full 2018-19 Schedule - Norfolk Admirals
- Fuel Release Schedule for 2018-19 ECHL Season - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Announces Full Schedule for 2018-19 Season - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Announce 2018-19 Season Schedule - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Full Schedule Released for 2018-2019 Jacksonville IceMen - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Releases 2018-19 Schedule - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.