ECHL Reveals Full 2018-19 Season Schedule
Greenville, SC - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, in conjunction with the ECHL, are pleased to reveal the full 2018-19 regular season schedule. The Swamp Rabbits are set to open the season at home on Friday, Oct. 12, 2018 at 7 p.m. against the Toledo Walleye. The club wraps up the home portion of its schedule on Mar. 31, 2019 a 3 p.m. against the Orlando Solar Bears and concludes the regular season on the road in Norfolk, VA.
Greenville plays 65 games against the Eastern Conference (32 Home, 33 Away).
South Division - 29 Home, 30 Away
North Division - 3 Home, 3 Away
The remaining seven games on the schedule will be played against the Western Conference.
Central Division - 3 Home, 3 Away
Mountain Division - 1 Home
The month of November is the busiest for the Swamp Rabbits, featuring 14 total games.
October - 8
November - 14
December - 13
January - 13
February - 10
March - 11
April - 3
The Swamp Rabbits play games across nine different states this season.
South Carolina - 40 (36 Home Games, 4 @ Stingrays)
Florida - 14 (5 @ Everblades, 5 @ Icemen, 4 @ Solar Bears)
Georgia - 8
Virginia - 4
West Virginia - 2
Ohio - 1
Maine - 1
Massachusetts - 1
New Hampshire - 1
VERSUS THE SOUTH DIVISION
The Swamp Rabbits and Gladiators will face off more than any other team this season, squaring off 14 times, including eight trips to the Infinite Energy Arena.
The annual Education Day is scheduled for Nov. 28 at 10:30 a.m. against the Norfolk Admirals.
The Swamp Rabbits have played 392 games versus the current South Division teams, compiling a 190-164-38 record in those games.
The club's 600th game will be played on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2017 against the South Carolina Stingrays in North Charleston, SC.
Greenville ends the season with three games on the road in April against the Norfolk Admirals.
VERSUS THE NORTH DIVISION
The Swamp Rabbits will visit both Maine and Worcester for the first time in team history, with back-to-back games on Feb. 8 and 9.
The unnamed St. John's team will travel to Greenville on Feb. 17, 2019 for the first game between the clubs.
Three of the six games against the North Division will take place on Sunday afternoons.
VERSUS THE CENTRAL DIVISION
The Swamp Rabbits open the season with back-to-back home games against Toledo.
It is the first time since 2012 that the team has opened the season with a non-division opponent. It is also the first time ever that the club will open the season against a non-conference opponent.
Greenville will make its first trip to Cincinnati since 2014. The team is 1-0-1-1 at the U.S. Bank Center in club history.
VERSUS THE MOUNTAIN DIVISION
After playing four games against the Mountain Division last season, the team has only meeting with the western-most division (March 21, 2019 vs. Kansas City Mavericks).
Last year, the team overcame a three-goal deficit in the first period and topped the Mavericks 7-5 on the annual Education Day.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 15, 2018
- Komets Announce Complete 2018-19 Season Schedule - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Transactions - May 15 - ECHL
- Manchester Monarchs Announce 2018-19 Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Rush Announce Full Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Announce Full 2018-19 Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears to Open 2018-19 Season at Home - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kalamazoo Wings Announce 2018-19 Schedule - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Reveals Full 2018-19 Season Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Maine Mariners Release 2018-19 Season Schedule - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators 2018-2019 Schedule Released - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Releases Full 2018-19 Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Release 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Announce Full 2018-2019 Schedule - Allen Americans
- Royals Announce 2018-19 Schedule - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announces Full 2018-19 Schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Announce 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - Worcester Railers HC
- St. John's ECHL Franchise Schedule Released - Newfoundland Growlers
- 2019 HHOF Inductee Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Admirals Release Full 2018-19 Schedule - Norfolk Admirals
- Fuel Release Schedule for 2018-19 ECHL Season - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Announces Full Schedule for 2018-19 Season - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Announce 2018-19 Season Schedule - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Full Schedule Released for 2018-2019 Jacksonville IceMen - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Releases 2018-19 Schedule - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly
- Swamp Rabbits Slug Solar Bears on Sunday
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits Fire Shot Barrage, Fall Short in Florida
- Travis Howe Called up by AHL Tucson