Fuel Release Schedule for 2018-19 ECHL Season
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL Affiliate of the National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs, announced Tuesday their game schedule for the 2018-19 ECHL season. The Fuel kick off their fifth-anniversary campaign with a pair of games at Indiana Farmers Coliseum - opening their schedule against the Fort Wayne Komets on Friday, October 12 before hosting the Kalamazoo Wings on Saturday, October 13.
Coming off of the first Kelly Cup Playoff berth in franchise history, Indy returns with a 72-game schedule spanning from October to April. The club will play a total of 36 games at Indiana Farmers Coliseum, starting with a stretch that sees them play six of their first seven contests on home ice from Oct. 12 to Nov. 1.
The Fuel will spend plenty of time in the Circle City during the first half of the season, with 20 of their first 35 outings taking place at home. Indy's 2018-19 slate is particularly home-heavy near the turn of the New Year, as the Fuel play 10 of 13 games at Indiana Farmers Coliseum from Dec. 14 to Jan. 11. Indy's longest homestand comes at the end of the season, when the club plays five straight in their own building from March 23-31.
Once again, Indy will play the bulk of its contests against familiar foes as they compete in the six-team Central Division. The Fuel will play a total of 54 games within the Central, amounting for a full 75% of their schedule. Indy will meet the Cincinnati Cyclones (8 home, 4 road), and Kalamazoo Wings (6 home, 6 road) 12 times each, the Fort Wayne Komets (6 home, 5 road) and Wheeling Nailers (2 home, 9 road) 11 times each, while meeting the defending division champion Toledo Walleye (4 home, 4 road) eight times.
In addition to their extensive divisional schedule, the Fuel will play 15 games against opponents from the ECHL's Mountain Division, including four each against the Kansas City Mavericks (3 home, 1 road), Wichita Thunder (2 home, 2 road), and Utah Grizzlies (1 home, 3 road). Indy will welcome the Idaho Steelheads to Indianapolis on Oct. 30 for the first-ever meeting between the two clubs, just a couple weeks before heading to West Valley City, Utah from Nov. 11-17 to take on the Grizzlies for a three-game set.
Other highlights from the Fuel's road schedule include weekend trips to Wichita (Feb. 16-17) and Reading (March 15-16), and nine total visits to WesBanco Arena to take on Wheeling. Indy will be away from home for 12 of a 16 game stretch from Jan. 12 to Feb. 17, capped off with a season-long five-game trip.
As usual, the Fuel will be busiest during the weekend in 2018-19, with 58 games falling on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Indy will be faced playing three games in three nights 12 times over the course of the season, and will have four games in five nights on four separate occasions. Indy's single busiest stretch of the season comes from Jan. 3-13, when they play a total of seven games in 11 nights.
All weekday home games (Tuesday through Thursday) at Indiana Farmers Coliseum will start at 7:05 p.m. ET, while Friday and Saturday night games are slated for 7:35 p.m. puck drops. Sunday afternoon contests feature a 3:05 matinee start time. The Fuel will again be hosting an Education Day Game for local school children in Central Indiana, taking place at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, February 19.
Click here for a PDF version of Indy's entire 2018-19 game schedule, and click here to sync the schedule to your digital calendar. The Fuel's 2018-19 Promotional Schedule and single-game ticket information will be announced later in the summer.
Ticket Plans for the Fuel's fifth anniversary season are now on sale! Lock up your seat for every second of the action in 2018-19 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the offseason.
Indy Fuel 2018-19 Schedule Breakdown
Western Conference: 69 (35 home, 34 road)
Central Division: 54 (26 home, 28 road)
Mountain Division: 15 (9 home, 6 road)
Eastern Conference: 3 (1 home, 3 road)
North Division: 3 (1 home, 2 road)
South Division: 0 (0 home, 0 road)
October: 6 (5 home, 1 road)
November: 11 (5 home, 6 road)
December: 13 (7 home, 6 road)
January: 13 (7 home, 6 road)
February: 10 (3 home, 7 road)
March: 15 (8 home, 7 road)
April: 3 (1 home, 2 road)
Monday: 1 (1 road)
Tuesday: 5 (4 home, 1 road)
Wednesday: 5 (1 home, 4 road)
Thursday: 3 (3 home)
Friday: 23 (13 home, 10 road)
Saturday: 25 (12 home, 13 road)
Sunday: 10 (3 home, 7 road)
Brampton: 1 (1 home)
Cincinnati: 12 (8 home, 4 road)
Fort Wayne: 11 (6 home, 5 road)
Idaho: 1 (1 home)
Kalamazoo: 12 (6 home, 6 road)
Kansas City: 4 (3 home, 1 road)
Reading: 2 (2 road)
Toledo: 8 (4 home, 4 road)
Tulsa: 2 (2 home)
Utah: 4 (1 home, 3 road)
Wheeling: 11 (2 home, 9 road)
Wichita: 4 (2 home, 2 road)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 15, 2018
- Komets Announce Complete 2018-19 Season Schedule - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Transactions - May 15 - ECHL
- Manchester Monarchs Announce 2018-19 Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Rush Announce Full Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Announce Full 2018-19 Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears to Open 2018-19 Season at Home - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kalamazoo Wings Announce 2018-19 Schedule - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Reveals Full 2018-19 Season Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Maine Mariners Release 2018-19 Season Schedule - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators 2018-2019 Schedule Released - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Releases Full 2018-19 Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Release 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Announce Full 2018-2019 Schedule - Allen Americans
- Royals Announce 2018-19 Schedule - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announces Full 2018-19 Schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Announce 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - Worcester Railers HC
- St. John's ECHL Franchise Schedule Released - Newfoundland Growlers
- 2019 HHOF Inductee Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Admirals Release Full 2018-19 Schedule - Norfolk Admirals
- Fuel Release Schedule for 2018-19 ECHL Season - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Announces Full Schedule for 2018-19 Season - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Announce 2018-19 Season Schedule - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Full Schedule Released for 2018-2019 Jacksonville IceMen - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Releases 2018-19 Schedule - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Fuel Stories
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 9 (December 3-9, 2018)
- Fuel Fall Flat in Road Trip Finale against Wheeling
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets
- Third Period Push Leads K-Wings to Victory over the Fuel
- Kevin Lankinen Reassigned to Indy, McArdle Recalled