Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye
Kalamazoo Wings Vs Toledo Walleye
Wings Event Center Kalamazoo, Michigan
Saturday, April 11, 2015 7:30 PM
The Kalamazoo Wings will begin a home-and-home series with the Toledo Walleye. This will be the 12th of 13 encounters between the teams this season. So far this year, the K-Wings are 4-6-0-1 versus the Walleye. The teams will wrap up the regular season tomorrow at the Huntington Center.
Clinching a postseason berth last night, the K-Wings made a statement with a decisive 6-0 victory over the Fort Wayne Komets. The victory guarantees Kalamazoo the third seed in the North Division in the upcoming playoffs. Kalamazoo will square off against Fort Wayne in round one.
The Walleye have been heating up at the right time. Toledo, who is 11-1-1-0 in their 13 games, enters tonight on a six-game (5-0-1-0) unbeaten streak in regulation. The Walleye, who have sewn up the North Division crown are still looking to clinch the top record in both the Eastern Conference and the entire league.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Toledo Walleye
Goals: Ludwig Blomstrand (33 Goals) Kyle Bonis (36 Goals)
Assists: Eric Kattelus (34 Assists) Shane Berschbach (44 Assists)
Points: Matt Caria (55Points) Tyler Barnes (71 Points)
+/-: Jeremie Blain (+11) Cody Lampl (+25)
Penalty Minutes: Dane Fox (106 Minutes) Tyler Elbrecht (110 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Ludwig Blomstrand (10 Goals) Tyler Barnes, Kyle Bonis (11 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Justin Taylor (3 Goals) Kyle Bonis (2 Goals)
Game Winning Goals: Justin Taylor (5 Goals) Kyle Bonis (8 GW)
Shots: Dane Fox (195 Shots) Kyle Bonis (231 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Ludwig Blomstrand (20.9%) Martin Frk (27.4%)
Overtime Goals: Dane Fox, Eric Kattelus, Shane Berschbach (1 Goal)
Patrick Kennedy, Justin Taylor (1 Goal)
Shootout Goals: Nathan Longpre, Gergo Nagy Troy Schwab (7 Goals)
Justin Taylor (1 Goal)
Shootout Percentage: Nathan Longpre, Gergo Nagy (50%) Troy Schwab (77.8 %)
Goals Against Average: Scott Munroe (2.53 ) Neil Conway ( 2.09)
Save Percentage: Joel Martin (0.911) Neil Conway (0.928)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: K-Wings Lead All-Time Series: 44-24-4-5
Season Series: K-Wings Trail Season Series: 4-6-0-1
Last Meeting: K-Wings Lost 6-3 on April 3rd @ Wings Event Center in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Next Meeting: Sunday, April 12th @ Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio
Two members of the K-Wings are on impressive point streak. Matt Caria is on a seven-game streak, while Gergo Nagy has registered a point in six straight contests.
The Fox Says Goal
Forward Dane Fox netted three goals in last night's victory. The hat trick was the first in Fox's professional career.
Last night goaltender Joel Martin turned aside 35 shots for his fourth shutout of the season. The four shutouts establish a new team ECHL record for shutouts in a single season.
Kalamazoo's victory last night clinched a postseason berth. The K-Wings will be the third seed in the ECHL's Kelly Cup Playoffs and will battle the Fort Wayne Komets in round one.
The Walleye have established a new ECHL record for best turnaround from one season to the next. Earning just 49 points a season ago, Toledo enters tonight with 105 points, a turnaround of 56 points.
With their victory last night, the Walleye set the record for best season in Toledo hockey history. With 105 points, the Walleye surpassed the Toledo Storm teams in both 1995-96 and 2002-03 who registered 104 points.
Toledo enters tonight looking to extend a six-game (5-0-1-0) unbeaten streak in regulation. The Walleye who are 11-1-1-0 in their last 13 overall games, are also riding a seven-game (5-0-1-2) road unbeaten streak.
With their victory last night the Walleye have clinched the North Division crown. With two games remaining Toledo holds a two-point lead for the top seed in both the Eastern Conference and the entire league.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Fans can purchase tickets at the Wings Events Center Ticket Office, any Ticketmaster location or at kwings.com.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto the team's website at www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, video on your hometown team, and much, much more.
K-Wings on the Net
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Broadcast Network at www.echl.tv . Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pregame coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your smart phones, tablets and computers logged onto the K-Wings Broadcast Network.
Sunday, April 12th @ Toledo 5:15 PM (Last Game of the Regular Season)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 11, 2015
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-2 Win in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Close Regular Season with 5-4 Victory over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Warriors Win Fourth Straight in Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Flath's Two Not Enough in 5-2 Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Fall to Mallards in OT, Settle for Fourth Spot in Central Division - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Announce 2014-15 Team Awards during Fan Appreciation Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Hook Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mallards Win Regular Season Finale 2-1 in Overtime, Will Face Rapid City in Opening Round of Playoff - Quad City Mallards
- K-Wings to Meet Komets in the Playoffs - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays and Royals Clash in the Opening Round of the 2015 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Playoffs Set - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Set ECHL Record with Shutout over Evansville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel's Season Ends with 2-1 Shootout Loss to Royals - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Close Season with 3-2 Shootout Defeat in Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 2014-15 IceMen Season Screeches to a Stop in South Carolina - Evansville IceMen
- Beast Shutout Mavericks in Overtime Thriller - Brampton Beast
- Mavericks Edged 1-0 by Beast in Overtime - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Win Regular Season Finale, Will Face Rapid City in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers Clinch Playoffs with 5-3 Win in Elmira - Wheeling Nailers
- Toledo Stopped by Kalamazoo 4-1 - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Former Aces Defenseman John Ramage Makes NHL Debut - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - April 11 - ECHL
- Royals Defenseman Bryant Molle Loaned to Syracuse Crunch - Reading Royals
- Nailers at Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Close First Season in ECHL with Fandemonium - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Hold Fan Appreciation Night to Conclude 2014-15 Season - Elmira Jackals
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m. - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Game Preview: Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Carey, O'Donoghue Recalled to Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Announce Opening-Round Schedule Scenarios - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - April 11 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Close Regular-Season Schedule Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mathematically eliminated Aces close Friday with victory before 5,419 fans - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-1 Decision to Aces - Ontario Reign
- 7,017 Cheer on the Condors to 6-2 Rout of Stockton in Home Finale - Bakersfield Condors
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Close StoneWolf Casino Cup Series with SO Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Drop Third Straight One-Goal Decision, 3-2 to Indy - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Clinch Playoffs with 3-2 Overtime Win in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Jackals Fall in Final Road Game, 3-1 - Elmira Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.