K-Wings Hook Walleye
KALAMAZOO - Powered by a two-point performance from Gergo Nagy and a 22-save performance from Oscar Dansk, the Kalamazoo Wings finished the home portion of the regular season on a high note, downing the Toledo Walleye 4-1.
Much like the night before, the K-Wings jumped out to an early 1-0 lead. Dane Fox (30th) knocked home the rebound from a Sam Ftorek shot. With the primary assist, Ftorek recorded his 200th helper as a member of the K-Wings.
Giving Kalamazoo a two-goal cushion, Michael Neal (19th) picked up a loose puck in the slot and wristed it past Walleye goaltender Jeff Lerg.
Keeping the offense rolling in the second stanza, Ben Wilson picked up his first of the season. Utilizing a Lane Scheidl screen, Wilson ripped a one-timer from the blue line and through the pads of Lerg.
Fresh off a penalty kill, Jean Bourbeau raced down the left-wing boards and roofed home his 11th of the season to put the K-Wings up 4-0.
Coming out for the final period, the Walleye pulled Lerg in favor of Jake Paterson, who made his professional debut. Patterson made seven saves and kept the K-Wings off the scoreboard in his 20 minutes of work.
Camped out in front of the K-Wings' net, Troy Schwab (19th) batted in the puck for the lone goal of the period, breaking Dansk shutout bid with 5:05 left to play.
Dansk finished the game with 22 saves to earn his first win as a member of the K-Wings.
Kalamazoo will close out the regular season tomorrow, Sunday, April 12th with a 5:15 p.m. encounter at the Huntington Center against Toledo.
The K-Wings will return to the Wings Event Center on Wednesday, April 22nd for a 7 p.m. face-off in game three of the best-of-seven Eastern Conference Quarterfinals series against the Fort Wayne Komets.
As a reminder anyone coming to upcoming to events at Wings Event Center, including K-Wings hockey, may have to find alternate routes to the facility due to the closure of the Sprinkle Road exit (exit 80) on I-94. The Wings Event Center has announced several ways for guests to arrive to the complex. Click here for alternate routes.
Tickets for all K-Wings home games, including round one of the Kelly Cup Playoffs are currently on sale at Wings Event Center Ticket Office, all Ticketmaster locations, including www.ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
Season tickets for the 2015-16 season and group (15 or more people) ticket packages for the Kelly Cup Playoffs may be ordered through the K-Wings front office by calling (269) 743-6011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 11, 2015
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-2 Win in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Close Regular Season with 5-4 Victory over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Warriors Win Fourth Straight in Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Flath's Two Not Enough in 5-2 Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Fall to Mallards in OT, Settle for Fourth Spot in Central Division - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Announce 2014-15 Team Awards during Fan Appreciation Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Hook Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mallards Win Regular Season Finale 2-1 in Overtime, Will Face Rapid City in Opening Round of Playoff - Quad City Mallards
- K-Wings to Meet Komets in the Playoffs - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays and Royals Clash in the Opening Round of the 2015 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Playoffs Set - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Set ECHL Record with Shutout over Evansville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel's Season Ends with 2-1 Shootout Loss to Royals - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Close Season with 3-2 Shootout Defeat in Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 2014-15 IceMen Season Screeches to a Stop in South Carolina - Evansville IceMen
- Beast Shutout Mavericks in Overtime Thriller - Brampton Beast
- Mavericks Edged 1-0 by Beast in Overtime - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Win Regular Season Finale, Will Face Rapid City in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers Clinch Playoffs with 5-3 Win in Elmira - Wheeling Nailers
- Toledo Stopped by Kalamazoo 4-1 - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Former Aces Defenseman John Ramage Makes NHL Debut - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - April 11 - ECHL
- Royals Defenseman Bryant Molle Loaned to Syracuse Crunch - Reading Royals
- Nailers at Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Close First Season in ECHL with Fandemonium - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Hold Fan Appreciation Night to Conclude 2014-15 Season - Elmira Jackals
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m. - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Game Preview: Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Carey, O'Donoghue Recalled to Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Announce Opening-Round Schedule Scenarios - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - April 11 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Close Regular-Season Schedule Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mathematically eliminated Aces close Friday with victory before 5,419 fans - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-1 Decision to Aces - Ontario Reign
- 7,017 Cheer on the Condors to 6-2 Rout of Stockton in Home Finale - Bakersfield Condors
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Close StoneWolf Casino Cup Series with SO Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Drop Third Straight One-Goal Decision, 3-2 to Indy - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Clinch Playoffs with 3-2 Overtime Win in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Jackals Fall in Final Road Game, 3-1 - Elmira Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.