Everblades Close Regular Season with 5-4 Victory over Orlando
ESTERO, FL - Kevin Czuczman scored at 8:34 of the third period to lift the Everblades to a 5-4 victory over the Orlando Solar Bears in front of an announced crowd of 7,209 at Germain Arena Saturday night.
Orlando grabbed a 2-0 lead on its first two shots of the game as Peter Sivak and Brad Ross lit the lamp within the first game's first nine minutes.
Florida got on the board on the power play when Casey Pierro-Zabotel slid a pass across to Alex Lavoie who lifted a shot high into the net for the tally.
Rob Florentino evened the score at two after hurling a shot from the point that beat Orlando goaltender Joe Howe for the goal.
The Everblades scored its third unanswered goal on Adam Brace's 35^th of the season at 18:15 of the opening frame to take a 3-2 lead into the break.
Orlando struck back in the second when Ross scored his second goal of the game that took a fortuitous bounce in front and clipped past Florida netminder Allen York to tie the game at three.
With five minutes remaining in the second, Nicholas Deschamps fielded the puck in the slot and while going down to one knee, he snapped a shot into the back of the net to give Florida the 4-3 edge.
The roller coaster ride continued when the Solar Bears knotted the game at four on Brady Vail's shot from the slot that slipped past York.
Florida reclaimed the lead at 8:34 of the third when Kevin Czuczman delivered a shot from the point that ripped past Howe on the glove side and into the top corner of the net.
The Everblades outshot the Bears 14-2 in the final stanza and hung on for the 5-4 win.
York earned the win allowing four goals on 17 shots while Howe takes the loss allowing five goals on 37 shots faced in the game.
The Everblades close out the regular season with a final record of 49-16-2-6, and 105 points. The Everblades still have a shot to gain the top seed in the Eastern Conference if Toledo loses in regulation in its final game of the season on Sunday against Kalamazoo. With a win by Allen (106 pts) the Everblades no longer have a shot to win the Brabham Cup for the regular season champion.
Images from this story
Florida Everblades vs. Orlando Solar Bears
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 11, 2015
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-2 Win in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Close Regular Season with 5-4 Victory over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Warriors Win Fourth Straight in Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Flath's Two Not Enough in 5-2 Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Fall to Mallards in OT, Settle for Fourth Spot in Central Division - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Announce 2014-15 Team Awards during Fan Appreciation Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Hook Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mallards Win Regular Season Finale 2-1 in Overtime, Will Face Rapid City in Opening Round of Playoff - Quad City Mallards
- K-Wings to Meet Komets in the Playoffs - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays and Royals Clash in the Opening Round of the 2015 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Playoffs Set - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Set ECHL Record with Shutout over Evansville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel's Season Ends with 2-1 Shootout Loss to Royals - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Close Season with 3-2 Shootout Defeat in Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 2014-15 IceMen Season Screeches to a Stop in South Carolina - Evansville IceMen
- Beast Shutout Mavericks in Overtime Thriller - Brampton Beast
- Mavericks Edged 1-0 by Beast in Overtime - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Win Regular Season Finale, Will Face Rapid City in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers Clinch Playoffs with 5-3 Win in Elmira - Wheeling Nailers
- Toledo Stopped by Kalamazoo 4-1 - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Former Aces Defenseman John Ramage Makes NHL Debut - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - April 11 - ECHL
- Royals Defenseman Bryant Molle Loaned to Syracuse Crunch - Reading Royals
- Nailers at Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Close First Season in ECHL with Fandemonium - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Hold Fan Appreciation Night to Conclude 2014-15 Season - Elmira Jackals
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m. - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Game Preview: Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Carey, O'Donoghue Recalled to Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Announce Opening-Round Schedule Scenarios - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - April 11 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Close Regular-Season Schedule Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mathematically eliminated Aces close Friday with victory before 5,419 fans - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-1 Decision to Aces - Ontario Reign
- 7,017 Cheer on the Condors to 6-2 Rout of Stockton in Home Finale - Bakersfield Condors
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Close StoneWolf Casino Cup Series with SO Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Drop Third Straight One-Goal Decision, 3-2 to Indy - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Clinch Playoffs with 3-2 Overtime Win in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Jackals Fall in Final Road Game, 3-1 - Elmira Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Everblades Agree to Terms with Forward Levko Koper
- Everblades Agree to Terms with Defenseman Ben Masella
- Everblades 2020-21 Captain John McCarron Returns
- Jesse Kallechy Signs Three Year Extension with the Everblades
- Brad Ralph Signs Five Year Extension with the Everblades