Reign Drop 3-1 Decision to Aces
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Ontario Reign (42-19-4-6), four-time Pacific Division Champions and proud affiliate of the NHL's 2014 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings and Winnipeg Jets, saw its seven-game unbeaten streak come to an end in a 3-1 loss to the Alaska Aces (35-29-3-4) in front of a crowd of 5,419 on Friday night at Sullivan Arena.
Both teams played through a scoreless first period. Adam Brown, making his first appearance for Ontario since March 3, made his best save of the frame at 14:38 by lunging across the crease to smother Felix Poulin's rebound.
The Aces got the first goal of the night early in the second stanza when Chris Francis entered the attacking zone and fired a wrist shot that caught Brown in the shoulder and trickled into the net at 1:29.
Alaska extended its lead to two goals when Niklas Lundstrom kicked the puck out to Ryan Walter, who carried the puck up the ice before sending it across to Tim Coffman, who fired a shot through Brown at 10:08.
Greg Wolfe gave the Aces a three-goal lead when he took a feed from Francis in the slot, turned and fired a snap shot over the shoulder of Brown at 11:35.
Judd Blackwater got the Reign on the board when he fired a one-timer from the right circle that beat Lundstrom at 18:29 off a pass from Josh Brittain. The goal was Blackwater's 300th career pro point.
Despite pulling Brown for an extra skater with over three minutes remaining in the final period, Ontario could not close the gap with the Aces.
Brown took the loss with 32 saves; Lundstrom picked up the win with 33 stops.
1. AK - Niklas Lundstrom
2. AK - Chris Francis
3. ONT - Judd Blackwater
Reign Drops :
The Ontario Reign invite all of our fans to attend the Tilted Kilt Watch Party on Saturday, Apr. 11 at 8:15 p.m. at the Tilted Kilt in Rancho Cucamonga to watch the Reign in the final game of the 2014-15 regular season, as they take on the Alaska Aces at Sullivan Arena.
The Ontario Reign will open the 2015 Kelly Cup Playoffs with a first round matchup against the Colorado Eagles, with Game 1 scheduled for Thursday, Apr. 16 at 7 p.m. at Citizens Business Bank Arena. Playoff tickets are on sale now and start at just $12. Tickets can be purchased online at AXS.com, or by visiting the Citizens Business Bank Arena box office. Fans can also purchase discounted playoff ticket plans and group tickets by calling the Reign front office at (909) 941-PUCK (782 5). For more information, visit ontarioreign.com/tickets/playoff.
Become a Reign Season Ticket Member today! Season tickets for the 2015-16 season - Ontario's first as a member of the American Hockey League and the primary developmental affiliate of the LA Kings - are on sale now. All Season Ticket Members also receive free parking, ticket exchange, account manager access, an invitation to an exclusive Season Ticket Member event, guaranteed giveaways (one per account) and more.
Season ticket packages start as low as $340, and include payment options for your convenience. For more information on Reign season tickets - along with a comprehensive list of Season Ticket Member benefits - please call 909-941-PUCK (7825) to select and purchase your 2015-16 season seats today!
Visit us at ontarioreign.com, follow the team @OntarioReign and visit ontarioreign.com/ahl for additional information. And be sure to listen to all home games and select road matches for free via Spreaker.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 11, 2015
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-2 Win in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Close Regular Season with 5-4 Victory over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Warriors Win Fourth Straight in Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Flath's Two Not Enough in 5-2 Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Fall to Mallards in OT, Settle for Fourth Spot in Central Division - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Announce 2014-15 Team Awards during Fan Appreciation Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Hook Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mallards Win Regular Season Finale 2-1 in Overtime, Will Face Rapid City in Opening Round of Playoff - Quad City Mallards
- K-Wings to Meet Komets in the Playoffs - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays and Royals Clash in the Opening Round of the 2015 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Playoffs Set - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Set ECHL Record with Shutout over Evansville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel's Season Ends with 2-1 Shootout Loss to Royals - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Close Season with 3-2 Shootout Defeat in Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 2014-15 IceMen Season Screeches to a Stop in South Carolina - Evansville IceMen
- Beast Shutout Mavericks in Overtime Thriller - Brampton Beast
- Mavericks Edged 1-0 by Beast in Overtime - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Win Regular Season Finale, Will Face Rapid City in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers Clinch Playoffs with 5-3 Win in Elmira - Wheeling Nailers
- Toledo Stopped by Kalamazoo 4-1 - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Former Aces Defenseman John Ramage Makes NHL Debut - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - April 11 - ECHL
- Royals Defenseman Bryant Molle Loaned to Syracuse Crunch - Reading Royals
- Nailers at Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Close First Season in ECHL with Fandemonium - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Hold Fan Appreciation Night to Conclude 2014-15 Season - Elmira Jackals
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m. - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Game Preview: Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Carey, O'Donoghue Recalled to Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Announce Opening-Round Schedule Scenarios - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - April 11 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Close Regular-Season Schedule Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mathematically eliminated Aces close Friday with victory before 5,419 fans - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-1 Decision to Aces - Ontario Reign
- 7,017 Cheer on the Condors to 6-2 Rout of Stockton in Home Finale - Bakersfield Condors
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Close StoneWolf Casino Cup Series with SO Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Drop Third Straight One-Goal Decision, 3-2 to Indy - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Clinch Playoffs with 3-2 Overtime Win in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Jackals Fall in Final Road Game, 3-1 - Elmira Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.