Corrin's Three-Point Night Leads Beast to Win over Royals
READING, PENNSYLVANIA - Brampton Beast defenseman Willie Corrin scored a pair of goals and added an assist and goaltender Zach Fucale was rock solid with 35 saves as the Beast defeated the Reading Royals 5-2 at Santander Arena on Sunday afternoon.
Brandon MacLean, David Ling and Brandon Marino also scored for Brampton who complete a three-games-in-three-days road trip picking up five of a possible six points, all against North Division opponents.
The Royals scored the lone goal of the opening frame as Frank Hora was credited with his first of the season at 11:29.
It was all Beast when the second period began. Willie Corrin scored his first of the game to tie the contest at a goal apiece at 6:18. With the Beast enjoying a man advantage, Corrin took a pass from Brandon Marino and slapped home his third goal of the season.
Just over a minute later, the Beast took the lead. Brandon MacLean parked himself in front of the goal and pounced on a loose puck and shovelled it behind Royals starter Mark Dekanich at 7:25.
The Beast weren't finished yet. At 14:04, Corrin took a perfect goalmouth feed from Daniel Ciampini at the left side of the net and made no mistake for his second goal of the game, giving the Beast a 3-1 lead after 40 minutes of play.
The Beast continued to press into the third period and were once again rewarded for their efforts. David Ling sent a shot on goal from the right wing boards that eluded Dekanich for Ling's first of the season at 12:11.
The Royals got one back later in the third period as Mark Bennett struck for a goal at 14:26 but Brandon Marino iced the game with an empty net strike with 1:01 remaining in the third to lock down the victory for Brampton.
NOTES: The Beast finished the game 1-for-3 on the power play and a perfect 3-for-3 on the penalty kill. Molson Three Stars: 3) MacLean (BRM) 2) Fucale (BRM) 1) Corrin (BRM). The Beast will now return home for a Wednesday night matchup against the Quad City Mallards.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 22, 2018
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Cyclones Outlast Mallards in Overtime 6-5 - Quad City Mallards
- LEAVEN'S PAIR NOT ENOUGH FOR SWEEP - Rapid City Rush
- OILERS TOP EAGLES THANKS TO FOUR-GOAL SECOND PERIOD - Tulsa Oilers
- Monarchs Melt IceMen, 10-4 - Manchester Monarchs
- Piccinich Helps Guide Solar Bears to 5-3 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Recap: POTENT POWER PLAY HELPS WINGS SMOTHER FUEL. - Kalamazoo Wings
- SLOW START DOOMS FUEL IN LOSS TO WINGS - Indy Fuel
- Sunday Not Fun for Railers in 4-2 Home Loss - Worcester Railers HC
- Corrin's Three-Point Night Leads Beast to Win over Royals - Brampton Beast
- Wheeling Sweeps Weekend in Worcester - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast Silence Royals with Three in the Second, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Comeback Bid Falls Short in 5-3 Loss to Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Orlando Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, January 23 - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Have Unique Promotion to Finish Weekend vs. Beast - Reading Royals
- Rush Blast Utah on "Rush Fights Cancer Night" - Rapid City Rush
- CRANE HELPS SOLAR BEARS SECURE POINT IN OT LOSS. - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Ends Home Skid with Win vs. Eagles - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Win Third in a Row; Defeat Cincinnati 3-2. - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Rally Late, Stun Wings in Shootout. - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers' Comeback Too Little, Too Late on Pink Night. - Tulsa Oilers
- Winning Streak Comes to An End in 3-1 Loss at Wichita. - Colorado Eagles
- Game Recap: WINGS FALL VICTIM TO FURIOUS MALLARDS' COMEBACK. - Kalamazoo Wings
- MacAulay's Overtime GoalNets Florida a 3-2 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Besse Plays OT Hero as Ads Top Rays 3-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- 5,611 Fans at DCU Center Watch Railers Fall 5-2 to Nailers. - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Outlast Beast in Shootout. - Brampton Beast
- Muse Stars with Career-High 47 Saves in Come-From-Behind Shootout. - Reading Royals
- Gardiner's Hat Trick Helps Nailers Ground Railers - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Frozen by IceMen, 4-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Nailers Loan Garrett Meurs to Manitoba Moose - Wheeling Nailers
- Weekend Home Stand with Stingrays Wraps Up - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Look to Harness the Force of Their Fans on Star Wars Night - Reading Royals
- Sivak's Hat Trick Wins It in Overtime - Rapid City Rush
- Game Recap: Wings Explode for Eight Goals, Cruise Past Mallards - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Begin Weekend with 6-3 Win over Allen - Indy Fuel
- WINGS ROLL PAST MALLARDS - Quad City Mallards
- Late Tie-Breaking Goal Vaults Steelheads to Victory over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Admirals Storm Back in Last Minute, Fall in OT 3-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Wheel Past Nailers, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Railers Open Eleven Game Homestand with 5-3 Loss to IceMen - Worcester Railers HC
- Fucale and Todd Lead Beast to Big Win Over Adirondack - Brampton Beast
- Monarchs Maneuver Past Nailers, 3-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Receive Four from AHL Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers at Monarchs Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Brandon Anselmini Reassigned to Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Acquire Defenseman Armstrong - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brampton Beast Stories
- Beast Unveil Most Exciting Fan-Friendly Schedule in Team History
- Dunn Scores Twice But Beast Drop Season Finale to Adirondack
- Beast Put a Dent in K-Wings Playoff Plans with 2-1 Victory
- MacLean Snipes from Distance as Beast Topple Nailers
- Piacentini Records First Pro Point in Beast Loss to Railers