Fuel Begin Weekend with 6-3 Win over Allen
INDIANAPOLIS - Three was the magic number for the Indy Fuel Friday night at their home of the Indiana Farmers Coliseum where they defeated the Allen Americans in the only meeting of the season between the two teams, 6-3.
After surging into a 2-0 lead after the first period on goals by Johnny McInnis at 1:43 and Josh Shalla at 7:57, the Fuel saw their lead vanish in the second stanza as the Americans connected on a pair of goals 2:59 apart to equalize matters at 2-2.
However, 2:21 later, Indy roared back, exploding for 3-goals 2:52 apart to restore their lost lead; their second lead of the night with this one not being relinquished. Shalla triggered the torrent with 2-PPG 1:59 apart to complete his 3-goal "hat trick" and vault his club back into its original 2-goals advantage before Reed Seckel climaxed the crescendo at the 17:25 mark, :53 second after Shalla's third strike.
Darian Dziurzynski added a Fuel 6th goal on Indy's third PPG of the night to complete the carnage as the Fuel outshot the Allen club, 43-28 with the 28-shots on goal representing the second fewest allowed by the victors thus far this season. Goaltender "ET" Marcoux registered his 10th victory of the season as the Fuel posted their third win in their last 4-starts and their first-ever victory in 7-lifetime meetings against the Americans.
In addition to Shalla's 3-goals, Cam Reid delivered 3-assists, the Fuel scored 3-PPG and captured the conquest in the contest with that 3-goals second period uprising. Dziurzynski collected 1-goal, 1-assist while Mike Neal and Nolan Descoteaux each assisted twice.
The Fuel resurgence continues as they are 8(6-2-0) in the last 8-games and 10(7-3-0) in their last 10-starts. After launching the campaign with a 16(4-9-3) mark, the Fuel, since December 1st, have compiled a solid winning record of 19(11-8-0). They are 6(4-1-1) against the Mountain Division.
In the midst of playing 7-games in 10-days, the Fuel host Cincinnati Saturday night at 7:35 pm at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum on Service Night. Sunday, Indy travels to Kalamazoo for a 3:00 pm matinee affair against the Wings. The Fuel are back home, again, Tuesday night, January 23rd, hosting archrival Fort Wayne at 7:05 pm on "All-You-Can-Eat Night." After Saturday night's clash with the Cyclones, the Fuel will play 12 of their next 14-games on the road.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 22, 2018
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Cyclones Outlast Mallards in Overtime 6-5 - Quad City Mallards
- LEAVEN'S PAIR NOT ENOUGH FOR SWEEP - Rapid City Rush
- OILERS TOP EAGLES THANKS TO FOUR-GOAL SECOND PERIOD - Tulsa Oilers
- Monarchs Melt IceMen, 10-4 - Manchester Monarchs
- Piccinich Helps Guide Solar Bears to 5-3 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Recap: POTENT POWER PLAY HELPS WINGS SMOTHER FUEL. - Kalamazoo Wings
- SLOW START DOOMS FUEL IN LOSS TO WINGS - Indy Fuel
- Sunday Not Fun for Railers in 4-2 Home Loss - Worcester Railers HC
- Corrin's Three-Point Night Leads Beast to Win over Royals - Brampton Beast
- Wheeling Sweeps Weekend in Worcester - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast Silence Royals with Three in the Second, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Comeback Bid Falls Short in 5-3 Loss to Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Orlando Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, January 23 - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Have Unique Promotion to Finish Weekend vs. Beast - Reading Royals
- Rush Blast Utah on "Rush Fights Cancer Night" - Rapid City Rush
- CRANE HELPS SOLAR BEARS SECURE POINT IN OT LOSS. - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Ends Home Skid with Win vs. Eagles - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Win Third in a Row; Defeat Cincinnati 3-2. - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Rally Late, Stun Wings in Shootout. - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers' Comeback Too Little, Too Late on Pink Night. - Tulsa Oilers
- Winning Streak Comes to An End in 3-1 Loss at Wichita. - Colorado Eagles
- Game Recap: WINGS FALL VICTIM TO FURIOUS MALLARDS' COMEBACK. - Kalamazoo Wings
- MacAulay's Overtime GoalNets Florida a 3-2 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Besse Plays OT Hero as Ads Top Rays 3-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- 5,611 Fans at DCU Center Watch Railers Fall 5-2 to Nailers. - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Outlast Beast in Shootout. - Brampton Beast
- Muse Stars with Career-High 47 Saves in Come-From-Behind Shootout. - Reading Royals
- Gardiner's Hat Trick Helps Nailers Ground Railers - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Frozen by IceMen, 4-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Nailers Loan Garrett Meurs to Manitoba Moose - Wheeling Nailers
- Weekend Home Stand with Stingrays Wraps Up - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Look to Harness the Force of Their Fans on Star Wars Night - Reading Royals
- Sivak's Hat Trick Wins It in Overtime - Rapid City Rush
- Game Recap: Wings Explode for Eight Goals, Cruise Past Mallards - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Begin Weekend with 6-3 Win over Allen - Indy Fuel
- WINGS ROLL PAST MALLARDS - Quad City Mallards
- Late Tie-Breaking Goal Vaults Steelheads to Victory over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Admirals Storm Back in Last Minute, Fall in OT 3-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Wheel Past Nailers, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Railers Open Eleven Game Homestand with 5-3 Loss to IceMen - Worcester Railers HC
- Fucale and Todd Lead Beast to Big Win Over Adirondack - Brampton Beast
- Monarchs Maneuver Past Nailers, 3-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Receive Four from AHL Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers at Monarchs Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Brandon Anselmini Reassigned to Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Acquire Defenseman Armstrong - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Fuel Stories
- Indy Fuel to Make Coaching Change for 2019-20 Season
- Fuel Announce 2018-19 Team Award Winners
- Fuel Outlast Nailers in Season Finale
- Fuel Eliminated from Playoff Contention After Shootout Loss to Komets
- Fuel Rally in Comeback Win over the Komets to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive