Blue Jackets Recall Left Wing Eric Robinson from Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Monday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, recalled left wing Eric Robinson from the Monsters. A 6'2", 201 lb. left-handed native of Bellmawr, New Jersey, Robinson, 23, posted a +1 rating in one NHL appearance for the Blue Jackets last season and supplied 10-9-19 with six penalty minutes and a +3 rating in 33 appearances for the Monsters this season.
Prior to his professional career, Robinson contributed 39-28-67 with 74 penalty minutes and a -29 rating in 128 NCAA appearances for Princeton University spanning four seasons from 2014-18. In 50 USHL appearances for the Dubuque Fighting Saints during the 2013-14 season, Robinson notched 8-16-24 with 24 penalty minutes and a -1 rating.
The Monsters also announced Monday that the team released goaltender Eric Levine from his professional tryout (PTO) contract.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Saturday home clash vs. the Utica Comets with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 1:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Cleveland Monsters Holiday Packs are on sale now and include exclusive Monsters Holiday socks, a Monsters snow globe and equal number of Disney on Ice tickets at The Q! Holiday Packs start as low as $54 and can be purchased today by visiting www.clevelandmonsters.com/holiday or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2018
- Griffins Oust Hogs in Defensive Battle - Rockford IceHogs
- Hicketts and Sateri Lift Griffins to 2-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Comeback Attempt Falls Short in New Year's Eve Clash - Stockton Heat
- RECAP: Penguins End the Year with 5-2 Win over Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Moose Close 2018 by Downing Colorado, 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Devils End 2018 with 5-2 Loss to Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Eagles Stymied in 4-1 Loss to Moose - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Defeats Chicago 3-1 on New Year's Eve - Iowa Wild
- Coach Mike Vellucci to Represent Checkers at All-Star Classic - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolves' 11-Game Point Streak Ends - Chicago Wolves
- Vellucci, Groulx, Army, Sommer Named Coaches for 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Vellucci, Groulx, Army, Sommer Named Coaches for 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Checkers Stage Three-Goal Comeback But Fall to Toronto in Overtime - Charlotte Checkers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Meet Gyasi Zardes at Condors Game Wednesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Ontario Reign Make Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Senators Sign Breton to PTO - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Host Charlotte Checkers - Toronto Marlies
- Syracuse's Cal Foote Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Cal Foote Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Recall Cederholm - Manitoba Moose
- Jets Recall Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Baptiste Recalled by Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stockton Hosts San Jose in New Year's Eve Clash - Stockton Heat
- Eddie Lack Injury Update - Binghamton Devils
- Lewington Re-Assigned to Hershey, Bears Send Two to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Blue Jackets Recall Left Wing Eric Robinson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Smith Recalled from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Tickets over 90 Per Cent Sold for Shutout Hunger Game - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Cruise behind Boyle - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Downed by Gulls 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.