Alex Adams Returns
PORTLAND, ME - December 7, 2018 - The Mariners have added to their defensive corps, signing Alex Adams to a contract ahead of their home game on Friday night against Adirondack. Adams will begin his second stint in Maine, after initially making the team out of training camp. The 25-year-old defenseman was playing in the SPHL with the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs.
Adams got into one game with the Mariners on October 21st against Newfoundland. That was the first victory in franchise history, as the Mariners came from behind in the 3rd to beat the Growlers, 4-2. He was released on November 6th.
Adams is a native of Orangeville, Ontario and played the professionally in the 2017-18 season between the AIHL's Adelaide Adrenaline (Australia) and the SPHL's Knoxville Ice Bears. This, after three seasons at Wilfrid Laurier University in Ontario. With Knoxville, had had 10 points in 14 games. He had 19 points in 20 games with the Adrenaline and played in the AIHL All-Star Game. After being released by the Mariners, Adams returned to Knoxville and was traded to Roanoke on November 18th.
Adams will wear #3 with the Mariners this time around.
The Mariners are home on Friday vs. Adirondack and Sunday vs. Worcester. Friday is another 1-2-3 Friday: $1 hotdogs, $2 popcorn, and $3 Bud Lights through the start of the 2nd period. Sunday is a 3:00 PM start and is "Night of Champions" presented by Spectrum Healthcare Partners. Fans are asked to bring non-perishable food donations to both games to benefit Preble Street. Tickets can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com or by calling 207-775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 7, 2018
- Bourke, Shaw Power Solar Bears Past Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Fire Shot Barrage, Fall Short in Florida - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Open Weekend Set with 6-2 Rout - Kansas City Mavericks
- Third Period Push Leads K-Wings to Victory over the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- In Back and Forth Affair, Mariners Top Thunder in Shootout - Maine Mariners
- Four Unanswered Powers K-Wings Past Fuel - Kalamazoo Wings
- Milner Stops 32 Shots to Hold off IceMen in SC Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Outshoot Orlando 36-17 But Fall 5-4 on Home Ice - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Fall to Monarchs in Physical Contest - Norfolk Admirals
- Comeback Falls Short in Charleston - Jacksonville Icemen
- Edwardh's Late Goal Gives Adirondack a Point in Portland - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Skate Past Admirals, 5-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Wheeling's Comeback Falls One Goal Short - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Battle Back to Beat Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Worcester Continues the Climb up North Division Standings After 3-1 Home Win over the Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Huntebrinker's Hat Trick Hammers Growlers, 7-5 - Reading Royals
- Wichita Selected to Host 2020 ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Ernst Earns AHL Call-Up - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - December 7 - ECHL
- Wichita Selected as Host of 2020 ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Cyclones Make Trio of Moves - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mingo Returns from Moose - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Helvig Reassigned to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Preview: Everblades Meet Swamp Rabbits for First Time this Season - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 7, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Nailers vs. Komets Game Day Snap Shot, December 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- Alex Adams Returns - Maine Mariners
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Americans Friday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Busy Weekend Kicks off against Fuel - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Make First Trip to Newfoundland - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.