Cyclones Make Trio of Moves
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones have traded forward Adrian Carbonara to the Brampton Beast, in exchange for future considerations. Additionally, the Cyclones have placed defenseman Justin Lemcke on team suspension, as he has decided to pursue collegiate hockey opportunities in Canada.
A native of Maple, ON, Carbonara appeared in seven games with the Cyclones this season, recording a plus-1 on-ice rating along with 10 penalty minutes. Signed in the offseason, Carbonara is coming off of a solid junior career in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), spending time with the Barrie Colts, London Knights, and Niagara IceDogs. In 196 OHL games, Carbonara totaled 27 goals and 31 assists while racking up 297 minutes in penalties.
Lemcke skated in three games with Cincinnati, dishing out an assist in the process. The Cyclones acquired Lemcke from the Wichita Thunder prior to the start of the regular season, in exchange for Future Considerations. A native of Whitby, ON, Lemcke was signed this offseason by the Thunder following the completion of his junior hockey career. The 21-year-old spent four seasons in the OHL, including the last three as the captain of the Hamilton Bulldogs. He helped the Bulldogs to a Memorial Cup Championship last season, accounting for nine goals and 17 assists in 59 games. In 258 OHL games overall between the Bulldogs and Belleville Bulls, Lemcke was responsible for 30 goals and 75 assists along with 308 penalty minutes.
In a separate transaction, the Cyclones have signed forward Ben Johnson to a Standard Player Contract (SPC) for the remainder of the 2018-19 season. Hailing from Calumet, MI, Johnson was drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the third round of the 2012 National Hockey League (NHL) Entry Draft, and has appeared in 74 games between the ECHL's Adirondack Thunder and Orlando Solar Bears, along with the American Hockey League's (AHL) Albany Devils. He accounted for 11 goals and 13 assists in that time. He enjoyed a successful junior hockey career with the OHL's Windsor Spitfires, accounting for 66 goals and 62 assists in 191 career games.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride!Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 7, 2018
- Bourke, Shaw Power Solar Bears Past Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Fire Shot Barrage, Fall Short in Florida - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Open Weekend Set with 6-2 Rout - Kansas City Mavericks
- Third Period Push Leads K-Wings to Victory over the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- In Back and Forth Affair, Mariners Top Thunder in Shootout - Maine Mariners
- Four Unanswered Powers K-Wings Past Fuel - Kalamazoo Wings
- Milner Stops 32 Shots to Hold off IceMen in SC Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Outshoot Orlando 36-17 But Fall 5-4 on Home Ice - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Fall to Monarchs in Physical Contest - Norfolk Admirals
- Comeback Falls Short in Charleston - Jacksonville IceMen
- Edwardh's Late Goal Gives Adirondack a Point in Portland - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Skate Past Admirals, 5-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Wheeling's Comeback Falls One Goal Short - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Battle Back to Beat Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Worcester Continues the Climb up North Division Standings After 3-1 Home Win over the Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Huntebrinker's Hat Trick Hammers Growlers, 7-5 - Reading Royals
- Wichita Selected to Host 2020 ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Ernst Earns AHL Call-Up - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - December 7 - ECHL
- Wichita Selected as Host of 2020 ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Cyclones Make Trio of Moves - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mingo Returns from Moose - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Helvig Reassigned to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Preview: Everblades Meet Swamp Rabbits for First Time this Season - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 7, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Nailers vs. Komets Game Day Snap Shot, December 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- Alex Adams Returns - Maine Mariners
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Americans Friday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Busy Weekend Kicks off against Fuel - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Make First Trip to Newfoundland - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.