Ads Come Back For Fifth Straight Win
March 25, 2023 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Milwaukee Admirals News Release
Belleville, ON- Goalie Devin Cooley stopped 26 shots to lead the Milwaukee Admirals to a 3-2 shootout win over the Belleville Senators Saturday at CAA Arena.
Milwaukee has won five straight, including four straight on the road. The Admirals remain in a tie for first place in the Central Division with Texas.
The Ads trailed 2-1 with 2:51 remaining when Belleville's Roby Jarventie went to the penalty box for cross-checking. With 2:30 remaining, the Admirals pulled goalie Cooley for a 6-on-4 power play. Cole Schneider, camped in front of the net, was able to pound in the equalizer at 18:28 of the third period to tie the score at 2-2.
After a scoreless overtime session, Admirals forward John Leonard was the only player to score in the shootout to give the Admirals the come-from-behind victory.
The first goal of the game didn't come until Belleville's Angus Crookshank scored at 15:09 of the second period. Crookshank's power play goal gave the Senators a 1-0 lead.
After Michael McCarron hit a crossbar for the Admirals in the third period, the Senator went the other direction and scored a goal. Jonathan Aspirot's shot from the left circle at 8:32 gave the Sens a 2-0 advantage.
Milwaukee's Tye Felhaber scored to get the Ads on the board at 13:29 of the third period. His shot from the left circle went past the glove of Belleville's goalie Antoine Bibeau. Assists went to Schneider and Anthony Angello.
Cooley improved to 9-2-1 since Jan. 1. He is 3-0 in shootouts, stopping 10-of-11 overall.
Milwaukee concludes its five-game roadtrip Fri., Mar. 31 at Grand Rapids. The Admirals return home Sat., Apr. 1 to play host to Laval at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2023
- Strong Third Period Helps Firebirds Snap Losing Skid - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Silver Knights Defeated by Firebirds in Second Half of Back-To-Back - Henderson Silver Knights
- Tucson Scores Seven Unanswered to Thump Colorado, 7-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Houser Posts Shutout in 1-0 Shootout Win Over Comets - Rochester Americans
- Stars Shrink Magic Number to One with Barber's Overtime Winner - Texas Stars
- Wolves Rally Before Falling to Stars 4-3 in OT - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Gain Point in Shootout Loss to Americans 1-0 - Utica Comets
- Adam Brooks Strikes in OT - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Clinch Postseason Berth with 4-1 Win Over Crunch - Hershey Bears
- Ads Come Back For Fifth Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Bested by Bears, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Stunned in Overtime on Star Wars Night, Lose 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Blanked by Thunderbirds 4-0 in 'I-91 Rivalry' - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sparks Anchors T-Birds' Bounce-Back Shutout of Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Greaves Shutout Performance Leads Monsters to 4-0 Win over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Providence Pulls Away in Third to Defeat Checkers 3-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bussi, P-Bruins Down Checkers, Clinch Spot in Calder Cup Playoffs - Providence Bruins
- Hogs Sign Maksimovich, Send Trio to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Stifled by Zane McIntyre, Fall 3-0 to Iowa - Grand Rapids Griffins
- McIntyre, Wild Shut out Griffins 3-0 - Iowa Wild
- Alex Kile Recalled to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Forward Alex Galchenyuk Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Wranglers Blank Gulls with Dominant Performance at Home - Calgary Wranglers
- Wolf Pack Look to Sweep Back-To-Back Set from Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto Marlies Host Cleveland Monsters in 2nd Half of Home-And-Home - Toronto Marlies
- Game #63 - Tucson Roadrunners at Colorado Eagles - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tommy Nappier, Chris Ortiz Recalled from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Bears at Crunch, 7:00 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Blue Jackets Recall Jake Christiansen, Trey Fix-Wolansky from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild vs. Grand Rapids Griffins - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Suffers Shut Out - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Tops Abbotsford - Ontario Reign
- Silver Knights Triumph Over Firebirds, 7-4 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Abbotsford Falls 4-1 to Ontario in First of Two Weekend Matchups - Abbotsford Canucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.