Admirals Secure Weekend Series with 5-2 Victory Against Trois-Rivières
Norfolk, VA - Over the holiday weekend, the Norfolk Admirals and Trois-Rivières played the final game in a three-game series at the Norfolk Scope in front of an enthusiastic crowd. Going into the game, the series was tied at one, with Trois-Rivières having won the previous game. However, the Admirals managed to clinch the series with a 5-2 victory on Saturday night. Carson Golder and Carson Musser both scored two goals each to help seal the win.
The momentum of the game shifted quickly to the visitor's side as they scored just six minutes into the game. Justin Ducharme scored the first goal of the game by putting away the rebound off of Thomas Milic, who initially saved Jakov Novak's shot. This gave the Lions an early lead of 1-0. The Admirals faced a few penalties throughout the first period but managed to tie the game in the latter part.
Stepan Timofeyev brought the puck into the zone and passed it to Ryan Foss for an easy open-net goal, making the score even with six minutes left in the period. Norfolk had a power play opportunity in the final minutes but could not capitalize on it.
Musser scored his first goal of the season for the Admirals just 55 seconds into the second period, bringing the score to 2-1. The momentum shifted back to Norfolk as they dominated the rest of the second period, outshooting the Lions by 14-6. Milic made some crucial saves through the middle frame and kept his team ahead.
With only 20 minutes left in the game, the Admirals were still leading with a score of 2-1. They continued their winning streak by scoring three more goals in the final period. Golder scored the first goal of the period, making the score 3-1, after the rebound from Mathieu Roy. Just four minutes later, Golder scored again, making it 4-1.
Musser also scored his second goal of the game from the top of the point. In the final moments of the match, the Lions managed to score a goal, with Jakov Novak making it 5-2. After conceding the first goal of the game, the Admirals responded strongly, scoring five unanswered goals to secure the series victory.
Sentara Health Three Stars of the Game
1. NOR - C. Golder (2 goals, 1 assist, +2)
2. NOR - C. Musser 2 goals, +3)
3. NOR - T. Milic (27 saves off of 29 shots)
The Norfolk Admirals will be taking a break for a week, allowing them to rest before hitting the ice again at Norfolk Scope on December 8th. They will then resume playing for the second weekend of their City Series this season by representing Newport News as they host the Jacksonville Icemen for two games. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. for both games.
Friday, December 8th
Jacksonville Icemen @ Norfolk Admirals
Puck Drops: 7:05 PM EST
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 25, 2023
- Growlers Defeat Grizzlies 2-0 in Series Finale - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Earn a Point in Overtime Loss to Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Steelheads' Third Period Sinks Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Top Americans in Overtime to Flip Script on Teddy Bear Toss - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads' Third Period Sinks Rush - Rapid City Rush
- A.J. White Records his Second Hat Trick of the Season as Steelheads Extend Win Streak to Seven Games - Idaho Steelheads
- Growlers Blank Grizzlies 2-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Bliss' Hat Trick Fuels Comeback Over Komets - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Blank Cyclones on Lavender Ice, Taylor Notches 500th Franchise Point - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wichita Snaps Losing Skid with Win at Kansas City - Wichita Thunder
- Offensive Storm Buries Wheeling - Iowa Heartlanders
- Bednard Rewrites Record Book, Rabbits Blank Gladiators for Seventh Straight Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Four-Goal First Gives Iowa the Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Win Two Of Three Against Our Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Admirals Secure Weekend Series with 5-2 Victory Against Trois-Rivières - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Downed by Railers, 4-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Shut Out In Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Sweep Thunder with 4-2 Win - Worcester Railers HC
- Millman Nets Lone Goal in Royals' Road Trip Finale Loss to Mariners, 3-1 - Reading Royals
- Arvanitis Backstops Mariners to First Home Win - Maine Mariners
- Tyson Helgesen Returns to Rush Lineup - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - November 25 - ECHL
- Utah Grizzlies Acquire Adam Berg in Trade with Cincinnati - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: November 25 - Idaho Steelheads at Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Glads Get Back On Track, Defeat Ghost Pirates, 7-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- KC Mavericks Continue Hot Start, Back at Cable Dahmer Arena Tonight - Kansas City Mavericks
- Six Different Gladiators Score in Rout of Ghost Pirates - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Acquire Josh Thrower from Norfolk and Trade Cole Fraser to Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Take a Two-Game Winning Streak into Tonight's Game - Allen Americans
- Thunder Looks to Get Back on Track Tonight vs. Mavericks - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Complete Amazing Comeback - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Admirals Net Seven Goals In Triumphant Victory Against Maine
- Admirals Defeat Mariners; Extend Winning Streak to Four Games
- Admirals Sign Forward Lucas Bombardier
- Moose Recall Golder and Kubicek from Norfolk
- Admirals Score Three Unanswered En Route To Win Over Adirondack