Walleye Weekly: Friday, Star Wars Night Is. Yeesssssss.
Overall Record: 13-8-1-0, 3rd Central Division
Current Streak: 1 Win
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Wednesday, December 4 vs. Adirondack (3-2 Loss)
Friday, December 6 vs. Brampton (6-2 Win)
Saturday, December 7 vs. Cincinnati (4-1 Loss)
Sunday, December 8 at Wheeling (5-2 Win)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
Thursday, December 12 at Indy at 7:05 p.m. (6:50 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230 | Fleetwood's Tap Room)
Friday, December 13 vs. Indy at 7:15 p.m. (7:00 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
Saturday, December 14 at Cincinnati at 7:35 p.m. (7:20 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230 | Fleetwood's Tap Room)
WALLEYE WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Monday, December 9 - No Practice
Tuesday, December 10 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Huntington Center
Wednesday, December 11 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Huntington Center
Thursday, December 12 - Game at Indy at 7:05 p.m.
Friday, December 13 - Game vs. Indy at 7:15 p.m.
Saturday, December 14 - Game at Cincinnati at 7:35 p.m.
Sunday, December 15 - No Practice
PLEASE NOTE: All times are subject to change. For the latest news on the team visit ToledoWalleye.com.
Walleye finish four game week with a pair of wins: Toledo split its four game week with wins against Brampton and Wheeling and losses vs. Adirondack and Cincinnati. In the two wins, Toledo scored 11 goals while only finding the back of the net just three times in the two losses.
Another home game, another sellout: What is becoming the normal for every home game the Walleye saw 8.059 in the Huntington Center Saturday, which was the 7th sellout crowd of the year in eight Walleye home games. The Walleye are averaging 7,769 per contest which is second most in the ECHL. Toledo is the lone team in the ECHL to be averaging over capacity per game (104.5%).
As the offense goes: Toledo has been deadly this year when they get the offense on track. The Walleye own a record of 12-1-0 when they reach four goals in a contest.
Central dominance: The Walleye have been terrific this season inside the division sporting a record of 8-2-0 against the other teams from the Central division. That includes a perfect 3-0-0 against both Wheeling and Fort Wayne. Starting this past Saturday, Toledo is playing 17 straight games inside the division.
Three in three days ahead for Walleye: Toledo will start its three in three with a road game Thursday night in Indy. The Walleye lost the only meeting so far this year against the Fuel 4-2 on November 8 in Indy. The same two teams will match up for the first time this season in Toledo. The Walleye finish up the week with a Saturday night tilt in Cincinnati. The Cyclones took the first of the ten meetings this year last Saturday night.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Charle-Edouard D'Astous (1 goal - 6 assists = 7 points)
GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK: Filip Larsson (1-2-0, 3.04 GAA, .886 save %)
UPCOMING WALLEYE PROMOTIONS
Friday, December 13 | Star Wars Night
Holy Obi-Wan Kenobi-- Star Wars Night returns to the Huntington Center! Fans are invited to come dressed in costume and take selfies with their favorite characters who will be roaming the concourse.
Presented by: BCAN and KISS-FM Supported by: Game Stop, Aaron's and Sony
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 9, 2019
- IceMen Acquire Defenseman Luke Shiplo from Wichita - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Acquire Cory Ward from Cyclones - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Acquire Schmalz from Worcester - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - December 9 - ECHL
- Walleye Weekly: Friday, Star Wars Night Is. Yeesssssss. - Toledo Walleye
- Shiplo Dealt to Jacksonville - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 9 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Indy Fuel Week 9 Pit Stop - Indy Fuel
- 'Blades Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Highlights Start of Long Homestand - Florida Everblades
- Captain Garrett Mitchell on Royals Radio Recon Tuesday - Reading Royals
- Mariners Weekly: Closing the Points Gap - Maine Mariners
- Atlanta Trades Ouellette - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Defenseman Youds Signs Tryout Agreement with Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Monday: KC Continues to Roll with Winning Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 9 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly, December 9 - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Home Twice this Weekend, Including Appearance from Gritty - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Grizz Home for Big 3 Game Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Stanley Cup to Appear December 29 - Toledo Walleye
- Lightning Reassign Huntington to Syracuse - Orlando Solar Bears
- Winter Brewfest at Hensville - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 9 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.