Indy Fuel Week 9 Pit Stop
INDY FUEL WEEK 8 RESULTS: 1-1-0-0, 9-12-0-0 Overall, 5th Central Division
Tuesday, December 3 - Fuel 2 vs Cincinnati 2
In the first of two weekday matchups, the Indy Fuel hosted the Cincinnati Cyclones on Tuesday night. Indy opened the scoring in the first period, scoring on the power play and proceeded to double their lead early in the second period with a goal from Derian Plouffe. The Fuel would hold on to the lead until the third period when Cincinnati scored three straight goals to give themselves a 3-2 win on Tuesday night.
Thursday, December 5 - Fuel 2 vs Cincinnati 1
After falling to the Cincinnati Cyclones (14-6-2-0) on Tuesday night, the Indy Fuel (9-12-0-0) got their revenge, winning by a score of 2-1 on Thursday. It took until the second period for Indy to open the scoring when Nathan Noel beat Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (20 SVS) on a breakaway. Dylan McLaughlin doubled the Fuel lead and earned the game winning goal, beating Luukkonen with a wrist shot over the shoulder on the power play.
INDY FUEL WEEK 9 SCHEDULE:
Tuesday, December 10 - Fuel at Kansas City (7:05 p.m. CST, Silverstein Eye Centers Arena)
Having won the first two out of the four matchups against the Mavericks this season by a combined score of 10-5, Indy will travel to Kansas City for the final time this season. The first time the Fuel faced the Mavericks in Kansas City, they dominated, winning by a score of 6-2.
Thursday, December 12 - Fuel vs Toledo (7:05 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Indy has only faced Toledo once this season, taking the first matchup by a score of 4-2. In the second game of 13 against one another throughout the 2010-20 season, Indy will host the Walleye on Thursday night looking to win their second game in a row against the Walleye.
Friday, December 13 - Fuel vs Toledo (7:15 p.m. ET, Huntington Center)
Playing their first game at the Huntington Center indy will be looking to turn their fortunes around from the previous five years. Since becoming a franchise, Indy has only won two games at the Huntington Center.
Saturday, December 14 - Fuel vs Kalamazoo (6:05 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
In their fourth game in five days, the Indy Fuel will face the Kalamazoo Wings during the team's annual Teddy Bear Toss. Indy holds an 8-3-0-0 record against the Wings through five years as a franchise. The Fuel have hosted the Teddy Bear Toss four times in franchise history and have won two out of the four games, making teddy bears fly in all four games.
Earning an assist in both games this week, Spencer Watson is riding a 10 game point streak (3g, 10a)
With Thursday's win, Charles Williams has won back-to-back starts
Scoring a goal in Thursday's win, Dylan McLaughlin has a five game point streak going (4g, 3a) and goals in his last three games
Mat Thompson, Dylan McLaughlin and Dmitry Osipov earn AHL call ups
Both McLaughlin and Osipov played in Saturday's game against Milwaukee
Winning Thursday's matchup against Cincinnati, Indy has won three out of their last four games
Indy's power play went 2-for-7 this week, scoring a goal in each game
Penalty kill went 7-for-8 against Cincinnati this week
The Fuel have outscored opponents 24-18 in the first period and 23-20 in the second this season but have been outscored 19-17 in the third period
Indy has the fourth least goals against in the ECHL, giving up 2.71 goals per game
The Fuel have struggled in one goal games this season, putting up a 3-10-0-0 record
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com.
Catch every home game this season with a free online stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the "Watch/Listen Live" button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through ECHL.TV!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 9, 2019
- IceMen Acquire Defenseman Luke Shiplo from Wichita - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Acquire Cory Ward from Cyclones - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Acquire Schmalz from Worcester - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - December 9 - ECHL
- Walleye Weekly: Friday, Star Wars Night Is. Yeesssssss. - Toledo Walleye
- Shiplo Dealt to Jacksonville - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 9 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Indy Fuel Week 9 Pit Stop - Indy Fuel
- 'Blades Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Highlights Start of Long Homestand - Florida Everblades
- Captain Garrett Mitchell on Royals Radio Recon Tuesday - Reading Royals
- Mariners Weekly: Closing the Points Gap - Maine Mariners
- Atlanta Trades Ouellette - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Defenseman Youds Signs Tryout Agreement with Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Monday: KC Continues to Roll with Winning Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 9 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly, December 9 - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Home Twice this Weekend, Including Appearance from Gritty - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Grizz Home for Big 3 Game Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Stanley Cup to Appear December 29 - Toledo Walleye
- Lightning Reassign Huntington to Syracuse - Orlando Solar Bears
- Winter Brewfest at Hensville - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 9 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.