Atlanta Trades Ouellette
Duluth, GA - The Atlanta Gladiators have traded goaltender Martin Ouellette to the Utah Grizzlies. Ouellette, who played in 10 games this season with Atlanta, will be heading to the ECHL's Mountain Division. Martin was traded for future considerations.
Ouellette played as recently as Friday against the Orlando Solar Bears and was solid in net for the Gladiators since joining them early on this year. Martin had a record of 4-6, 3.74 GAA, with a save percentage of .874, split the duties between the pipes with Sean Bonar.
The 27-year St.-Jerome, Quebec native was a 7th round pick by the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2010. Ouellette went to the University of Maine and played four seasons for the Black Bears from 2011-2014.
In 2014-15 he went straight to the ECHL to play for the Reading Royals and had a record of 17-10-2, with a 2.91 GAA in his first year as a pro. During 2017-18 while with for the Florida Everblades (ECHL), he went an incredible 33-5-3 and had a 2.02 GAA. Last season, he split time between the Orlando Solar Bears (18-7-2, 2.98) and the Syracuse Crunch (3-1, 1.61). This is Ouellette's sixth season in the ECHL and along with parts of four years in the AHL has a career record of 118-57-11 and a 2.53 GAA.
The Atlanta Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league and are the Affiliate of the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Bruins. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, Georgia. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for providing fun, friendly, family, affordable entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the best "Things to Do" in the Atlanta Metro area and across the North Georgia region. Fans can purchase tickets by visiting www.atlantagladiators.com or by calling the front office at (770) 497-5100.
Images from this story
Atlanta Gladiators goaltender Martin Ouellette
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 9, 2019
- IceMen Acquire Defenseman Luke Shiplo from Wichita - Jacksonville Icemen
- Oilers Acquire Cory Ward from Cyclones - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Acquire Schmalz from Worcester - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - December 9 - ECHL
- Walleye Weekly: Friday, Star Wars Night Is. Yeesssssss. - Toledo Walleye
- Shiplo Dealt to Jacksonville - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 9 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Indy Fuel Week 9 Pit Stop - Indy Fuel
- 'Blades Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Highlights Start of Long Homestand - Florida Everblades
- Captain Garrett Mitchell on Royals Radio Recon Tuesday - Reading Royals
- Mariners Weekly: Closing the Points Gap - Maine Mariners
- Atlanta Trades Ouellette - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Defenseman Youds Signs Tryout Agreement with Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Monday: KC Continues to Roll with Winning Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 9 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly, December 9 - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Home Twice this Weekend, Including Appearance from Gritty - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Grizz Home for Big 3 Game Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Stanley Cup to Appear December 29 - Toledo Walleye
- Lightning Reassign Huntington to Syracuse - Orlando Solar Bears
- Winter Brewfest at Hensville - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 9 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.