Oilers Acquire Cory Ward from Cyclones
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's St. Louis Blues, announced Monday that the team has acquired Cory Ward's rights from the Cincinnati Cyclones in exchange for future considerations.
Ward, 26, has one goal and three assists in 16 games with the Cyclones this season. Prior to arriving in Cincinnati, the 5'11, 201 lbs. forward registered 86 points (39G, 47A) and a +21 rating in 161 ECHL games with the Manchester Monarchs. Ward has also tallied one goal and four assists for five points in 33 career AHL games, playing for the St. John's IceCaps, Syracuse Crunch, Ontario Reign and Springfield Thunderbirds.
Prior to turning pro, the Las Vegas, NV native posted 80 points (45G, 35A) in 151 collegiate games with Bemidji State University, including a team-leading 29 points (18G, 11) in 2013-14.
Ward played his junior hockey with Aberdeen of the NAHL, tallying 120 points (67G, 53A) in 113 games for the Wings. Ward earned NAHL All-Rookie First Team honors in 2010-11, and NAHL All-Central Division Team status in 2011-12.
The Oilers host Wichita for three-straight matchups in a promo-packed weekend. Friday is the Oilers Blanket and Glove Drive, and Saturday will be the annual Teddy Bear Toss and St. Louis Blues Affiliation Night - both games start at 7:05 p.m. Sunday's game is Paint the Ice, and fans will be allowed to come down and paint the ice with their favorite players at the conclusion of the matinee game, which starts at 4:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 9, 2019
- IceMen Acquire Defenseman Luke Shiplo from Wichita - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Acquire Cory Ward from Cyclones - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Acquire Schmalz from Worcester - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - December 9 - ECHL
- Walleye Weekly: Friday, Star Wars Night Is. Yeesssssss. - Toledo Walleye
- Shiplo Dealt to Jacksonville - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 9 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Indy Fuel Week 9 Pit Stop - Indy Fuel
- 'Blades Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Highlights Start of Long Homestand - Florida Everblades
- Captain Garrett Mitchell on Royals Radio Recon Tuesday - Reading Royals
- Mariners Weekly: Closing the Points Gap - Maine Mariners
- Atlanta Trades Ouellette - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Defenseman Youds Signs Tryout Agreement with Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Monday: KC Continues to Roll with Winning Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 9 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly, December 9 - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Home Twice this Weekend, Including Appearance from Gritty - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Weekly: Grizz Home for Big 3 Game Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Stanley Cup to Appear December 29 - Toledo Walleye
- Lightning Reassign Huntington to Syracuse - Orlando Solar Bears
- Winter Brewfest at Hensville - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 9 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Oilers Stories
- Oilers Win Shootout Thriller in Front of 11,651 on Pink in the Rink Night
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 20
- Oilers Weather Storm, Explode in Third to Defeat Idaho
- Eriksson Ek Shines in Overtime Loss to Steelheads
- Electric Third Period Lifts Oilers over Steelheads