Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine
PORTLAND, ME - After playing hero in last season's Teddy Bear Toss game, forward Ty Ronning makes his return to the Mariners just in time to have a chance for an encore performance. Ronning was reassigned by the New York Rangers from the Hartford Wolf Pack to the Mariners on Saturday.
A 22 year old from Burnaby, BC, Ty is the son of former NHLer Cliff Ronning. Selected by the Rangers in round seven of the 2016 NHL draft, Ronning joined the organization after playing for the WHL's Vancouver Giants. He made his pro debut for Hartford in the 2016-17 season, playing 12 games, scoring two goals, and adding two assists. He returned to Vancouver for his final season of juniors in 2017-18 and put up 84 points in 70 games.
Ronning begin 2018-19 in Hartford but was assigned to the Mariners in late November. In 25 games for Maine, Ronning had 12 goals and 10 assists, including a five point performance in his Mariners debut on November 24th, 2018, which still stands as the franchise record for points in a single game. He began this season with the Mariners, and had five points (three goals, two assists) before his recall on October 24th. In nine games for Hartford, Ronning didn't register a point, while taking four minutes of penalties.
Ronning's arrival gives the Mariners six players on NHL contracts (Ronning, Jake Elmer, Ryan Gropp, Dawson Leedahl, Sean Day, Brandon Crawley)
The Mariners host the Adirondack Thunder tonight for Teddy Bear Toss presented by the Maine Bureau of Highway Safety. It's a 6 PM faceoff at the Cross Insurance Arena and fans are encouraged to throw stuffed animals onto the ice after the first Maine goal, proceeds to benefit local fire departments. The first 2,000 fans through the door will receive a collectible mini-stick, courtesy of Jobs In ME, and family four packs are available for purchase prior to the day of game. Groups of 10 or more can get discounted tickets by calling 833-GO-MAINE. Individual tickets can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com, at the Trusted Choice Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena, or by calling 207-775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 7, 2019
- Thunder Even Season Series with 4-2 Win over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Rally to Earn Point in 3-2 OT Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Commanding 5-1 Win over Fort Wayne - Kansas City Mavericks
- Strong Start Not Enough as Rabbits Squeak by Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Just-In Time: 'Blades Rally Late to Upend Stingrays in OT - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Snaps Winless Skid with Victory vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Set Teddy Bear Toss Record, But Fall to Cyclones - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Use Big Second Period to Get by Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wings Clamp Down in 4-1 Win at Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Greenville Earns Weekend Split with Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- CAA City Is Safe as Batman Defeats Joker - Brampton Beast
- Blades Sneak by Rays in OT After Late Comeback - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hirano Scores Teddy Bear Goal, But Nailers Fall - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Tie Game Twice But Fall at Brampton, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Ronning's Shorthanded Goal Gives Mariners Weekend Sweep of Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Drop Close Game in Maine, 5-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Maple Leafs Win 3-2 over Worcester in Throwback Night - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Come up Short on the Rock Falling 3-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Penguins Reassign Drozg to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Florida Searches for Series Split against South Carolina - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: December 7 Utah at Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- GAME NOTES: vs UTAH - Rapid City Rush
- Teddy Bear Toss Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Visit Brampton for First of Two - Reading Royals
- Komets Defeat Oilers 1-0 in Goaltender Duel - Tulsa Oilers
- Quenneville's Overtime Winner Sets New Franchise Record - Rapid City Rush
- McGauley Gets Hat Trick in OT Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Overcome Deficit in 6-5 Overtime Win over Americans - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Take a Point in Overtime Loss - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.