Teddy Bear Toss Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Atlanta Gladiators
VENUE: Jewett Orthopaedic Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Saturday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Facebook, Mixlr and TuneIn
Teddy Bear Toss - fans are encouraged to bring new or gently used teddy bears or other stuffed animals to throw onto the ice when the Solar Bears score their first goal
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (8-9-3-1) take on the Atlanta Gladiators (9-10-0-0) for the second time in as many nights, after the Solar Bears picked up a 3-1 win over the Gladiators on Friday night to jump ahead into fourth place in the South Division.
TEDDY BEAR TOSS GOAL HISTORY:
2012-13: Dec. 7 vs. Fort Wayne: Nick Petersen - 9:05 of second period
2013-14: Dec. 7 vs. South Carolina: Colton Jobke - 19:54 of third period
2014-15: Dec. 11 vs. Elmira: Ben Rosen - 1:03 of first period
2015-16: Dec. 5 vs. Atlanta: Christopher Clapperton - 9:09 of second period
2016-17: Dec. 2 vs. Florida: Brock Montgomery - 3:48 of first period
2017-18: Dec. 23 vs. Norfolk: Joe Perry - 16:20 of first period
2018-19: Dec. 21 vs. Florida: Mitch Hults - 5:09 of second period
POWER PLAY TURNAROUND: After going through a four-game stretch without a power-play goal, the Solar Bears have found the back of the net on the man advantage in each of their past three games. The Solar Bears are 3-for-10 (30%) on the power play in their past three games, a figure well ahead of the team's season average of 11.9%.
HUNTINGTON PICKS UP WHERE HE LEFT OFF: Following his reassignment to the Solar Bears Thursday evening, Jimmy Huntington played his first game with Orlando since Oct. 29 vs. Jacksonville, and picked up an assist on Chris LeBlanc's game-winning goal in last night's 3-1. The assist actually gives the Tampa Bay Lightning prospect a two-game point streak, as he had scored in the game against the Icemen in late October. The Solar Bears are 3-0-0-0 in games in which Huntington records a point.
FUCALE HAS A CHANCE TO GO FOR THREE: After picking up wins on Monday and Thursday, Zachary Fucale will get a chance to pick up his third consecutive win this week as he is the expected starting goaltender for tonight. The goaltender has made 56 saves on 62 shots this week, and currently ranks fourth overall among all goaltenders in save percentage with .932.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: Orlando's win last night dealt the Gladiators their third consecutive loss. Sean Bonar is the anticipated starting netminder tonight after Martin Ouellette got the nod on Friday. Bonar has a 4-4-0 record in 10 appearances with a 4.08 goals-against average and a save percentage of .871.
The Solar Bears hit the road for their next four games, starting Tuesday, Dec. 10 when they visit to the South Carolina Stingrays at the North Charleston Coliseum at 7:05 p.m. The Solar Bears return home to face the Kansas City Mavericks for the first time since the 2016-17 season on Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 7 p.m. for a Wine Down Wednesday; fans can take advantage of $5 wine specials during the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 7, 2019
- Thunder Even Season Series with 4-2 Win over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Rally to Earn Point in 3-2 OT Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Commanding 5-1 Win over Fort Wayne - Kansas City Mavericks
- Strong Start Not Enough as Rabbits Squeak by Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Just-In Time: 'Blades Rally Late to Upend Stingrays in OT - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Snaps Winless Skid with Victory vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Set Teddy Bear Toss Record, But Fall to Cyclones - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Use Big Second Period to Get by Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wings Clamp Down in 4-1 Win at Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Greenville Earns Weekend Split with Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- CAA City Is Safe as Batman Defeats Joker - Brampton Beast
- Blades Sneak by Rays in OT After Late Comeback - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hirano Scores Teddy Bear Goal, But Nailers Fall - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Tie Game Twice But Fall at Brampton, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Ronning's Shorthanded Goal Gives Mariners Weekend Sweep of Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Drop Close Game in Maine, 5-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Maple Leafs Win 3-2 over Worcester in Throwback Night - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Come up Short on the Rock Falling 3-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Penguins Reassign Drozg to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Florida Searches for Series Split against South Carolina - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: December 7 Utah at Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- GAME NOTES: vs UTAH - Rapid City Rush
- Teddy Bear Toss Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Visit Brampton for First of Two - Reading Royals
- Komets Defeat Oilers 1-0 in Goaltender Duel - Tulsa Oilers
- Quenneville's Overtime Winner Sets New Franchise Record - Rapid City Rush
- McGauley Gets Hat Trick in OT Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Overcome Deficit in 6-5 Overtime Win over Americans - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Take a Point in Overtime Loss - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.