McGauley Gets Hat Trick in OT Loss
Rapid City, South Dakota - Tim McGauley had 3 goals and Taylor Richart had 1 goal and 2 assists for the Utah Grizzlies but Rapid City's Peter Quenneville scored a game winning goal 40 seconds into overtime to give the Rapid City Rush a 5-4 win on Friday night.
The game was scoreless after the first period. Rush scored first as Tyler Coulter scored his 9th of the season. McGauley scored the next 2 goals, both in the second period.
Rapid City tied up the game as Quenneville got a power play goal 2:44 into the third. Keeghan Howdeshell scord his first of two third period goals at the 4:45 mark. McGauley completed the hat trick for the Grizzlies 6:46 into the third. It was McGauley's first hat trick since he scored 3 goals in game 4 of the 2019 Kelly Cup first round series vs Idaho. It's the third hat trick by a Grizzlies skater this season. Josh Dickinson had back to back hat tricks on October 16th and 18th.
Rush tied up the game as Howdeshell scored his second of the night on the power play with 6;15 left. Rapid City went 2 for 8 on the power play, while the Grizzlies went 1 for 2.
The Rush are 9-0 at home, which is a new franchise record. Saturday night is game 2 of the quick 2 game series. Face-off is at 7 o clock. Next home game for the Grizzlies is on December 11th against the Newfoundland Growlers. Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com.
1. Tim McGauley (Utah) - 3 goals.
2. Keeghan Howdeshell (Rapid City) - 2 goals.
3. Tyler Parks (Rapid City) - 27 of 31 saves.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 7, 2019
- Thunder Even Season Series with 4-2 Win over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Rally to Earn Point in 3-2 OT Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Commanding 5-1 Win over Fort Wayne - Kansas City Mavericks
- Strong Start Not Enough as Rabbits Squeak by Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Just-In Time: 'Blades Rally Late to Upend Stingrays in OT - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Snaps Winless Skid with Victory vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Set Teddy Bear Toss Record, But Fall to Cyclones - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Use Big Second Period to Get by Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wings Clamp Down in 4-1 Win at Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Greenville Earns Weekend Split with Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- CAA City Is Safe as Batman Defeats Joker - Brampton Beast
- Blades Sneak by Rays in OT After Late Comeback - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hirano Scores Teddy Bear Goal, But Nailers Fall - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Tie Game Twice But Fall at Brampton, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Ronning's Shorthanded Goal Gives Mariners Weekend Sweep of Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Drop Close Game in Maine, 5-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Maple Leafs Win 3-2 over Worcester in Throwback Night - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Come up Short on the Rock Falling 3-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Penguins Reassign Drozg to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Florida Searches for Series Split against South Carolina - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: December 7 Utah at Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- GAME NOTES: vs UTAH - Rapid City Rush
- Teddy Bear Toss Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Visit Brampton for First of Two - Reading Royals
- Komets Defeat Oilers 1-0 in Goaltender Duel - Tulsa Oilers
- Quenneville's Overtime Winner Sets New Franchise Record - Rapid City Rush
- McGauley Gets Hat Trick in OT Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Overcome Deficit in 6-5 Overtime Win over Americans - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Take a Point in Overtime Loss - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.