Mavericks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Commanding 5-1 Win over Fort Wayne
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks (10-9-2-0, 5th Mountain) defeated the Fort Wayne Komets 5-1 Saturday night in front of a sellout crowd at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. David Dziurzynski's goal in the first period set off the Teddy Bear Toss and goaltender Tyler Parsons made 33 saves on 34 shots.
-Mavericks forward David Dziurzynski (4) scored the goal that sent the bears flying at the 5:53 mark of the first period. The goal came shorthanded and was unassisted.
-The Mavs doubled their lead at the 11:42 mark of the first on a goal from Rocco Carzo (8). Defensemen Cliff Watson and Justin Woods assisted on the goal.
-Fort Wayne cut the Mavs lead in half with four minutes, eight seconds left in the first period on a goal from Shawn St-Amant. Max Gottlieb and Brady Shaw assisted on the goal.
-The Mavericks outshot the Komets 13-9 in the period.
-Michael Parks (5) extended the lead back to two goals at 8:08 of the second period. Tad Kozun assisted on the goal.
-The Komets outshot the Mavericks 15-7 in the period.
-The Mavericks gained their largest lead of the game on a dazzling individual effort from forward Loren Ulett on an end-to-end unassisted goal at the 3:57 mark of the third period.
-Rookie forward Ryan Galt capped off the night with a goal at the 15:55 mark of the third periodd. Kozun collected his second assist of the night on the goal.
Notes & Streaks
-Justin Woods now has six assists in his last three games.
-The Mavericks announced attendance at 5,800 fans, the first sellout of the season.
-David Dziurzynski has goals in back-to-back games.
-Ryan Galt has goals in back-to-back games.
-The Mavericks estimate over 4,500 stuffed animals were collected in the Teddy Bear Toss. The team will have an official number early next week.
The Mavericks head to Wichita Sunday afternoon for a matinee with the Wichita Thunder at 4:05 p.m. at INTRUST Bank Arena in downtown Wichita. The Mavs return home for a game against the Indy Fuel Tuesday night at 7:05 p.m. at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 7, 2019
- Thunder Even Season Series with 4-2 Win over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Rally to Earn Point in 3-2 OT Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Commanding 5-1 Win over Fort Wayne - Kansas City Mavericks
- Strong Start Not Enough as Rabbits Squeak by Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Just-In Time: 'Blades Rally Late to Upend Stingrays in OT - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Snaps Winless Skid with Victory vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Set Teddy Bear Toss Record, But Fall to Cyclones - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Use Big Second Period to Get by Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wings Clamp Down in 4-1 Win at Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Greenville Earns Weekend Split with Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- CAA City Is Safe as Batman Defeats Joker - Brampton Beast
- Blades Sneak by Rays in OT After Late Comeback - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hirano Scores Teddy Bear Goal, But Nailers Fall - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Tie Game Twice But Fall at Brampton, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Ronning's Shorthanded Goal Gives Mariners Weekend Sweep of Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Drop Close Game in Maine, 5-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Maple Leafs Win 3-2 over Worcester in Throwback Night - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Come up Short on the Rock Falling 3-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Penguins Reassign Drozg to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Florida Searches for Series Split against South Carolina - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: December 7 Utah at Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- GAME NOTES: vs UTAH - Rapid City Rush
- Teddy Bear Toss Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Visit Brampton for First of Two - Reading Royals
- Komets Defeat Oilers 1-0 in Goaltender Duel - Tulsa Oilers
- Quenneville's Overtime Winner Sets New Franchise Record - Rapid City Rush
- McGauley Gets Hat Trick in OT Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Overcome Deficit in 6-5 Overtime Win over Americans - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Take a Point in Overtime Loss - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Back-To-Back Usport Goalie of the Year Taran Kozun Joins KC
- Mavericks Ink AHL Veteran Forward Brodie Reid
- Mavericks Sign Veteran Forward Anthony Collins
- Kansas City Mavericks Blood Drive to Benefit Local Patients
- Mavericks Announce First Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule