Toledo Walleye Weekly
Overall Record: 17-6-0-2, 1st Central Division, Current Streak: 5 Unbeaten
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
December 31 vs. Indy (7-2 Win)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
January 5 at Fort Wayne at 7:30 p.m. (7:15 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
January 7 at Kalamazoo at 7:00 p.m. (6:45 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
January 8 at Fort Wayne at 7:30 p.m. (7:15 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
January 9 vs. Fort Wayne at 5:15 p.m. (5:00 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
For the latest news on the Toledo Walleye visit www.toledowalleye.com
Walleye Weekly Schedule
(Monday, January 3 through Sunday, January 9)
Monday, January 3 - Practice 11:00 a.m. at Huntington Center
Tuesday, January 4- Practice 11:00 a.m. at Huntington Center
Wednesday, January 5 - Game at Fort Wayne at 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, January 6 - No Practice
Friday, January 7 - Game at Kalamazoo at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 8 - Game at Fort Wayne at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, January 9 - Game vs. Fort Wayne at 5:15 p.m.
**PLEASE NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
A blowout win to cap Winterfest: Toledo finished off Winterfest in style with a dominating 7-2 win over the Indy Fuel on Friday night. Randy Gazzola led the way with a goal, two assists and finished with a plus 5 rating for the contest. The Walleye scored four times in the second period to push the lead out to 6-2 after two periods of play. The Walleye had not scored 7 goals in a games since November 14 against Indy. Toledo is 1-1-2 in games played outside at Fifth Third Field in their history.
Fans and more fans: Toledo welcomed a total of 21,312 fans through the gates for the two games the team played outside at Fifth Third Field. All-time in the four games played outside at the ballpark the Walleye have seen 43,615 fans for an average of 10,904 per contest. For the season, Toledo is topping the ECHL with an average of 7,700 per game.
Owning the middle frame: By outscoring Indy 4-1 in the second period this past weekend, the Walleye now own an advantage of 37-20 in the second period this year. The 20 goals allowed are the second fewest surrendered by a team this year (Idaho 18).
Back in the swing: Following just two games over the last two weeks the Walleye jump right back into heavy action with four games in five days. Three of those games are against the Fort Wayne Komets starting Wednesday in Fort Wayne. Toledo is 1-2-0 so far this season against their rivals. Friday night is the only non-Fort Wayne matchup of the week as the Walleye skate in Kalamazoo. Toledo has a record of 2-1-1 vs. the KWings so far this year.
Walleye Player of the Week:
Randy Gazzola (1 goal - 2 assists = 3 points)
Walleye Goaltender of the Week:
Billy Christopoulos (1-0-0, 1.79 GAA, .944 save %)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 3, 2022
- Steelheads Acquire Forward Jimmy Lodge from Cincinnati - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Take Night One of Military Appreciation Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 3 - ECHL
- Late Goal Powers Mavs Past Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sunday's Adirondack vs. Trois-Rivières Game Rescheduled for January 27 - Adirondack Thunder
- MLK Weekend Tribute Night with the Komets on January 14, 2022 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mariners Bring Back Josh Couturier - Maine Mariners
- Nelson, Baylis, Coatta Called up to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Josh Maniscalco Earns AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Maniscalco Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Thunder Acquire Defenseman Kyle Thacker from Cyclones - Adirondack Thunder
- Nolan Kneen Signs a PTO with Charlotte - Allen Americans
- Thunder Weekly, January 3 - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Shutout Iowa to Closeout 2021 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tuesday's Mavericks vs. Allen Game Postponed - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Game in KC Scheduled for Tuesday Night Postponed - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report: January 3, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Craig Martin Earns AHL Call-Up to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Jacksonville Icemen
- Grizzlies Weekly: Road Trip Continues in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weeky - January 3, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Gear up for Weekend Series - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Welcome Stingrays for Two Games - Florida Everblades
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 11 - Indy Fuel
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Week 11 - K-Wings Set to Play on Rainbow Ice for First Time - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.