Wheeling's Maniscalco Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month
January 3, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
SHREWSBURY, N.J. - Wheeling Nailers' defenseman Josh Maniscalco is the AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month for December after leading the league lead with a plus-minus rating of +14 during the month.
Maniscalco posted an even or better rating in 9 of his 10 games in December, including a +3 in three different games - Dec. 15 and Dec. 18 at Norfolk and Dec. 31 vs. Norfolk.
Under a National Hockey League contract with Pittsburgh, Maniscalco leads the league in plus-minus at +21 while leading rookie defensemen in goals (8) and points (19). His eight goals are tied for third overall among ECHL blueliners and his 19 points are tied for seventh. He has also skated in two games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League.
Prior to turning pro, Maniscalco tallied 52 points (15g-37a) in 71 career games at Arizona State University while also totaling 47 points (16g-31a) in 121 career games in the United States Hockey League with the U.S. National Team and Dubuque.
In recognition of his accomplishment, AMI Graphics will present Josh Maniscalco with a personalized Plus Performer of the Month Banner during an on-ice ceremony at an upcoming Nailers' home game.
Runner-Up: Craig Martin, Jacksonville (+13).
Top Plus Performer(s) for Each Club: Adirondack - Chris Lijdsman, Jimmy Mazza and Robbie Payne (+7); Allen - Branden Troock (+7); Atlanta - Derek Topatigh (+6); Cincinnati - Dajon Mingo (+12); Florida - Xavier Bouchard and Jake McLaughlin (+8); Fort Wayne - Kellen Jones (+12); Greenville - Justin Nachbaur and Bryce Reddick (+2); Idaho - Shawn McBride (+7); Indy - Christopher Cameron (+7); Iowa - Kaid Oliver (+3); Kalamazoo - Andrew DeBrincat (+8); Kansas City - Nick Pastujov (+7); Maine - J.D. Greenway, Alex Kile and Mathew Santos (+5); Newfoundland - Trent Bourque, Gordie Green, C.J. Hayes and Derian Plouffe (+2); Norfolk - Steven Leonard and Alex Tonge (-2); Orlando - Jake Transit (+6); Rapid City - Christian Evers (+6); Reading - Brad Morrison (+4); South Carolina - Patrick Holway (+1); Toledo - Randy Gazzola (+9); Trois-Rivières - Alexis D'Aoust (+9); Tulsa - Mike McKee (+10); Utah - Connor McDonald (+12); Wichita - Carson Vance (-1) and Worcester - Anthony Repaci (+4).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 3, 2022
- Steelheads Acquire Forward Jimmy Lodge from Cincinnati - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Take Night One of Military Appreciation Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 3 - ECHL
- Late Goal Powers Mavs Past Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sunday's Adirondack vs. Trois-Rivières Game Rescheduled for January 27 - Adirondack Thunder
- MLK Weekend Tribute Night with the Komets on January 14, 2022 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mariners Bring Back Josh Couturier - Maine Mariners
- Nelson, Baylis, Coatta Called up to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Josh Maniscalco Earns AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Maniscalco Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Thunder Acquire Defenseman Kyle Thacker from Cyclones - Adirondack Thunder
- Nolan Kneen Signs a PTO with Charlotte - Allen Americans
- Thunder Weekly, January 3 - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Shutout Iowa to Closeout 2021 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tuesday's Mavericks vs. Allen Game Postponed - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Game in KC Scheduled for Tuesday Night Postponed - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report: January 3, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Craig Martin Earns AHL Call-Up to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Jacksonville Icemen
- Grizzlies Weekly: Road Trip Continues in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weeky - January 3, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Gear up for Weekend Series - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Welcome Stingrays for Two Games - Florida Everblades
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 11 - Indy Fuel
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Week 11 - K-Wings Set to Play on Rainbow Ice for First Time - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.