Nelson, Baylis, Coatta Called up to Tucson
(RAPID CITY, S.D.) - The Rapid City Rush, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes, announced today via a Black Hills Chiropractic Roster Adjustment that forwards Logan Nelson, Stephen Baylis and Max Coatta have each been loaned to the Tucson Roadrunners.
Nelson heads to Tucson for the second time this season, as he was previously called up by the Roadunners in December but did not appear in a game before being returned to the Rush. He is the ECHL leader in both points and assists; Nelson has put up ten goals and 25 assists in 29 games for Rapid City this season.
Baylis leads the Rush with 14 goals on the season and is second on the team with 27 points. He has appeared in all 30 of Rapid City's games and has set new career-highs in goals, assists (13) and points. The third-year pro has appeared in the AHL once before, skating in two games for the Ontario Reign in the 2019-20 season.
Coatta opened the season by playing one game for Tucson and joins the Roadrunners for his second stint this season. In 30 games for the Rush, he has put up new career-highs with 12 goals, ten assists and 22 points.
Rapid City returns to action on Friday night for the first of three games against the Iowa Heartlanders. It's Nugget's Birthday, presented by Fleet Farm, and puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 PM at The Monument Ice Arena.
Images from this story
Rapid City Rush celebrate after a goal
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 3, 2022
- Steelheads Acquire Forward Jimmy Lodge from Cincinnati - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Take Night One of Military Appreciation Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 3 - ECHL
- Late Goal Powers Mavs Past Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sunday's Adirondack vs. Trois-Rivières Game Rescheduled for January 27 - Adirondack Thunder
- MLK Weekend Tribute Night with the Komets on January 14, 2022 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mariners Bring Back Josh Couturier - Maine Mariners
- Nelson, Baylis, Coatta Called up to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Josh Maniscalco Earns AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Maniscalco Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Thunder Acquire Defenseman Kyle Thacker from Cyclones - Adirondack Thunder
- Nolan Kneen Signs a PTO with Charlotte - Allen Americans
- Thunder Weekly, January 3 - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Shutout Iowa to Closeout 2021 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tuesday's Mavericks vs. Allen Game Postponed - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Game in KC Scheduled for Tuesday Night Postponed - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report: January 3, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Craig Martin Earns AHL Call-Up to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Jacksonville Icemen
- Grizzlies Weekly: Road Trip Continues in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weeky - January 3, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Gear up for Weekend Series - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Welcome Stingrays for Two Games - Florida Everblades
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 11 - Indy Fuel
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Week 11 - K-Wings Set to Play on Rainbow Ice for First Time - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.