Thunder Weekly, January 3
WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita played four times last week to close 2021 and open the New Year. Get caught up on the team with this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Monday, December 27
Tulsa at Wichita, 3-2 L
Wednesday, December 29
Allen at Wichita,, 5-3 L
Friday, December 31
Wichita at Kansas City, 4-3 L (OT)
Saturday, January 1
Kansas City at Wichita, 4-3 L (OT)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Friday, January 7
Wichita at Kansas City, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, January 8
Wichita at Kansas City, 7:05 p.m.
**All games can -be heard on Mixlr by searching The Sin Bin or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:30 p.m. for home games and 6:40 p.m. for road games. For Sunday home games, the show starts at 3:30 p.m. and 25 minutes before puck drop on the road. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 0-7-3-0
Rank: 7th, Mountain Division, 24 points
Goals: Carter Johnson, 10
Assists: Brayden Watts, 21
Points: Brayden Watts, 28
+/-: Carter Johnson, Nick Minerva, +2
PIM: Sean Allen, 83
OT STRUGGLE - Wichita played four games this past week and opened up 2022 this past Saturday night. The Thunder have lost their last two games in overtime to Kansas City, both by the same score of 4-3. In games decided in overtime, the Thunder are 0-4, but are 3-0 in games decided in the shootout.
CAREER HIGH - Brayden Watts took over the team-lead in points over the weekend. He set a new career-high with 21 assists and needs two more points to equal his rookie totals from last season in which he tallied 30 points (10g, 20a). Watts has points in six-straight games, netting nine points over that span (2g, 7a). Watts is tied for eighth in scoring and second in the league in assists.
HEY ROOK - Carter Johnson had an outstanding week for the Thunder. He finished with three goals and three helpers in four games. Johnson also has a six-game point-streak, netting nine points over that stretch (3g, 6a). Johnson moved into a second-place tie in rookie scoring with 24 points (10g, 14a).
COMING ON - Michal Stinil is starting to find his groove offensively for the Thunder. He has points in three-straight and points in five of his last six outings.
EXELLING - Billy Exell has three points over his last two games. The second-year forward recorded 24 points (8g, 16a) in 50 games during his rookie season in 2019-20.
SHOOTING GALLERY - Jake Theut made a career-high 59 saves on Saturday night. He set a new season-high in the ECHL for saves made by a goaltender. It was also a season-high for shots allowed by an opponent as Kansas City fired 63 shots on net.
THUNDERBOLTS... Sean Allen is tied for fourth in penalty minutes (83) and tied for third in major penalties (5)...Cam Clarke is tied for 17th among defenseman with 15 points...Wichita has power play goals in two of his last three games...Wichita is 5-2-1 when leading after one...Wichita is 5-2-2 when leading after two...Wichita is 2-0-0 in four-goal games...
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 3, 2022
- Steelheads Acquire Forward Jimmy Lodge from Cincinnati - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Take Night One of Military Appreciation Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 3 - ECHL
- Late Goal Powers Mavs Past Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sunday's Adirondack vs. Trois-Rivières Game Rescheduled for January 27 - Adirondack Thunder
- MLK Weekend Tribute Night with the Komets on January 14, 2022 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mariners Bring Back Josh Couturier - Maine Mariners
- Nelson, Baylis, Coatta Called up to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Josh Maniscalco Earns AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Maniscalco Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Thunder Acquire Defenseman Kyle Thacker from Cyclones - Adirondack Thunder
- Nolan Kneen Signs a PTO with Charlotte - Allen Americans
- Thunder Weekly, January 3 - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Shutout Iowa to Closeout 2021 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tuesday's Mavericks vs. Allen Game Postponed - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Game in KC Scheduled for Tuesday Night Postponed - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report: January 3, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Craig Martin Earns AHL Call-Up to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Jacksonville Icemen
- Grizzlies Weekly: Road Trip Continues in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weeky - January 3, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Gear up for Weekend Series - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Welcome Stingrays for Two Games - Florida Everblades
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 11 - Indy Fuel
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Week 11 - K-Wings Set to Play on Rainbow Ice for First Time - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wichita Thunder Stories
- Peters Signs AHL Contract with Bakersfield
- Thunder Finalizes Two Futures Trades; Announces Season-Ending Roster
- Dickman Selected as a Finalist for Wichita Professional Athlete of the Year
- Lomurno Finalist for ECHL Executive of the Year Award
- Thunder Announces Four Future Considerations Trades